X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RP 330 ProPress tool info

I was thinking of picking one of these up after using a friends. Theres not much written about it, but I did find this-http://atlantichomejournal.com/RidgidPropress.htm

Re: RP 330 ProPress tool info

welcome gr to the ridgid forum

nice link to the propress article.

there are a handful of regular propress users here on the forum.

i just happen to have 1 for ever day of the week

for those that have never tried or are leery of them. like the old timer i ran into at the supply house last week you don't know what you're missing.

sure if money is a determining factor, yes they're not cheap. but if you're worried about leaks, i would be more worried about soldered fittings than pressed fittings. especially now with the garbage flux we have to use. especially with wet repairs.

so who wants to start a propress versus. soldered debate

we already know whats the king of snakes k-60

any takers

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I'll take it. It's just another way to make things easy or "fast" while providing an inferior joint.

Show me the test tables for PSI strength between the two. Lateral strength, & hydraulic shock.

J.C.

Comment

K-60? King of snakes? How so?

Better than a comparable Rothenberger? General Wire? I don't know as I don't own them.

J.C.

Comment

show me a 50 year warranty on any solder fitting or joint.

propress has it.

show me a quality long sweep thick walled copper soldered fitting.

propress has it.

show me soldering with the water running or dripping.

propress can do it.

show me a lead free, flux free joint.

propress can.

show me a propress joint that has pulled apart.

i've fixed and replaced many, many poorly solder joints in 34 years of plumbing. i've yet to replace a propess joint.

do i need to post another 100 pictures to keep proving my point

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Still waiting for the test tables showing superiority.

Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

i can care less about test tables. show me a job that you would use it on that exceeds the 200psi at 250 degrees test and approval ratings.

look up the city of los angeles research report rr5530 if you want to.

it's approved for use on hot and cold potable water, hydronic heating and chilled water applications in both residential and commercial applications with no limitations to type of building occupancies.

the working pressure is 200psi from 0-250 degrees f. and a test pressure of 600 psi at these temperatures.

also note that "nsf" confirmed the ability of propress fittings to withstand pressure,temperature,water hammer, bending forces, torsion, temperature variations, vibration, and vacuum to 24.5 inches of mercury.

all documents that you can look up for yourself

let me guess, you don't trust victaulic either. i guess all the fire sprinkler systems and copper victaulic systems are an accident waiting to happen.

maybe you need to trade your rothenberger press tool up for a ridgid propress unit

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                i can care less about test tables. show me a job that you would use it on that exceeds the 200psi at 250 degrees test and approval ratings.

look up the city of los angeles research report rr5530 if you want to.

it's approved for use on hot and cold potable water, hydronic heating and chilled water applications in both residential and commercial applications with no limitations to type of building occupancies.

the working pressure is 200psi from 0-250 degrees f. and a test pressure of 600 psi at these temperatures.

also note that "nsf" confirmed the ability of propress fittings to withstand pressure,temperature,water hammer, bending forces, torsion, temperature variations, vibration, and vacuum to 24.5 inches of mercury.

all documents that you can look up for yourself

let me guess, you don't trust victaulic either. i guess all the fire sprinkler systems and copper victaulic systems are an accident waiting to happen.

maybe you need to trade your rothenberger press tool up for a ridgid propress unit

rick.
                Or maybe a Stanley, Nibco, Rems, Viega, Uponor. Maybe that would be better.

You care about test tables when they suit your needs.

J.C.

Comment

You boys be nice but here is some data.

http://www.copper.org/publications/p...razing_ads.pdf

http://www.viega.net/cps/rde/xbcr/en..._submittal.pdf

Mark
                  "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

thanks mark for the tables.

i see propress actually blows away all the 50/50 soldered joints across the board.

and even the 95-5 joints in 2.5''-4''.

basically there's no reason according to all the testing to not trust a pressed viega joint. the approvals and testing methods were pretty vigorous.

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

thanks mark for the tables.

i see propress actually blows away all the 50/50 soldered joints across the board.

and even the 95-5 joints in 2.5''-4''.

basically there's no reason according to all the testing to not trust a pressed viega joint. the approvals and testing methods were pretty vigorous.

rick.
                      I would be careful not to confuse working pressures with test pressures.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                        I would be careful not to confuse working pressures with test pressures.

Mark

i didn't. go see the tables for yourself

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

i didn't. go see the tables for yourself

rick.
                          I didn't spend a lot of time looking at it but I believe viega has a 200 psi working pressure which is real close to a soldered joint. I believe the viega data sheets were all test pressures not working pressures.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                            I didn't spend a lot of time looking at it but I believe viega has a 200 psi working pressure which is real close to a soldered joint. I believe the viega data sheets were all test pressures not working pressures.

Mark
                            the working pressure of viega is 200 and test is 600. these numbers were at 0-250 degrees.

50/50 solder joints didn't come close to it at the extreme temperatures and pressure.

even 95/5 didn't match up to it in the 2.5''-4'' sizes.

but then again, unless you're doing high rise with pressure booster pumps, there is no reason to worry about the pressure and temperature extreams.

the testing for viega was very vigarous according to the data and nsf sheets.

and remember that a soldered joint is only as good as the person who is soldering it. a pressed joint is pretty fool proof. the machine and internal computer controls the press force.

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

the working pressure of viega is 200 and test is 600. these numbers were at 0-250 degrees.

50/50 solder joints didn't come close to it at the extreme temperatures and pressure.

even 95/5 didn't match up to it in the 2.5''-4'' sizes.

but then again, unless you're doing high rise with pressure booster pumps, there is no reason to worry about the pressure and temperature extreams.

the testing for viega was very vigarous according to the data and nsf sheets.

and remember that a soldered joint is only as good as the person who is soldering it. a pressed joint is pretty fool proof. the machine and internal computer controls the press force.

rick.
                              The problem is unless one of us wants to pony up the $70 to find out what the ANSI/NSF Standard are we won't know how vigorous the testing is on soldered joints.

Mark

Comment

Working...
                              X