X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new (?) way to join pex??

Anyone ever use the stainless-steel "pinch" type rings to join PEx? the tool is different (cheaper) and the rings have a "head" that the tool squeezes to make the connection. Anybody ever use these? Are they reliable? I've only ever used the copper crimp rings.

Re: new (?) way to join pex??

I have used them a couple of times when I just did not have the room for my pex crimper.

They are ok, I had a plumber buddy tell me that he has had the 1" ones blow off on him 2 times now so he will not use them on larger then 3/4".

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
      I have used them a couple of times when I just did not have the room for my pex crimper.

They are ok, I had a plumber buddy tell me that he has had the 1" ones blow off on him 2 times now so he will not use them on larger then 3/4".

Bill

The 1" Stainless vs the 1/2 and 3/4 are different.They are designed to stay on the end of the pipe where the pex rings like to be an 1/8 from the pipe end.Hmmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay Mpls View Post

The 1" Stainless vs the 1/2 and 3/4 are different.They are designed to stay on the end of the pipe where the pex rings like to be an 1/8 from the pipe end.Hmmmm.
        Huh?

Comment

two different products, there are three styles of zurn crimp ring, all 3 have a different tool. there is the solid copper ring "still my favorite, since there is no point of failure, theres the Stainless steel clamp ring system, which gets positioned just like the copper rings you are used to, then there is the QickClamp system, that gets pushed down on the end of the pipe, and doesn't leave the 1/8th inch like you are used to.

Originally posted by Jay Mpls View Post

No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Working...
          X