New Rp-210 need info

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Rp-210 need info

Hey guys I just got a RP - 210 and am going to use it on a water heater replacement today need to know if I can press a new ball valve onto 3/4 soft copper the copper is 40 yrs old? Thanks I hope you can give me an answer by 12:30 I ll check back in then thanks guys!
    Last edited by Clipper City Plumber; 03-20-2010, 10:23 AM.

Re: New Rp-210 need info

soft copper is fine up to 1.25'' tubing. just make sure it's still nice and round when you cut it. test it with a normal cxc fitting or remove the o-ring first to test for roundness. you don't want to nick the o-ring on an out of round pipe.

you'll find that a 3/4'' propress mip adapter is less expensive than a 3/4'' propress valve. i carry propress valves, but also mip adapters when needed.

enjoy you propress and take some photos of it in action

you'll learn soon enough that the propress can do things that you could never do by soldering

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

thanks rick the K-60 is coming on tuesday with all the goodies.

Comment

if you've never run sectionals, then start reading the k-60 forum and absorb all the tips and tricks. plenty of photos and ideas to get you up to speed real quick.

of course practice at your own home first to get the feel of it. it can be just as clean as a drum. actually cleaner since the cable will not retain water like a drum cable

enjoy the press and the new k-60.

careful what you buy, you might need a larger shop

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

well I made the connection to the soft copper the valve fit good however it rocks about 1/16" I can not pull it off will this joint be good or can I re press the joint?

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            if you've never run sectionals, then start reading the k-60 forum and absorb all the tips and tricks. plenty of photos and ideas to get you up to speed real quick.

of course practice at your own home first to get the feel of it. it can be just as clean as a drum. actually cleaner since the cable will not retain water like a drum cable

enjoy the press and the new k-60.

careful what you buy, you might need a larger shop

rick.
            You've got to video how you keep the cables cleaner coming back. I'm talking a 1.5" to 2" galvanized run. I've read all (or a good majority) of the K60 & K50 posts but always have the "black drip of doom" on the sectionals no matter what.

Get one of these. http://www.theflip.com/en-us/Products/

Then upload so I or others can get the real idea.

Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

Well got er done here are some pictures of the job got $896 for the job or should I say Ferguson s got $896 haha the pro press is pretty cool I will have to stock up on some fittings I just about ran out by the time I was done. This seem like it will be a good set up for public water supply how ever people will most likely want to see plastic if their on a well since the water is acid most plumbers are installing C.P.V.C. in these cases and have also been installing it in homes on public supply. So I guess I will have to still stock it to repair or tie in to a c.p.v.c. And I will also have to continue to use shark bites on well systems if you cut in to a section of 30 year old copper it is like paper I am sure the RP-220 will eat it for lunch so a shark bite can make the transition. And can any of your explain this to me I have lost 2 calls because people seem to think I am too far I told this lady today will you called me right I service your area I am in your book last saturday got a sump pump call lost it because
              I was all too far or so she thought WTF I guess I will stop telling customers were I am and just give them a first hour rate " no $45 call out fee" oh yea back to the job today I bought this red ridgid pipe reamer to prep the copper before it goes into the fitting and I had a problem with it ripping into the pipe It was making the pipe worse than I started what could I be doing wrong? anyways I ll shut up check out the pictures tell me what you think.

/var/folders/0H/0HewW0YNG3uuO2V0DmPcCk+++TI/-Tmp-/com.apple.PhotoBooth-T0x1001176a0.tmp.TFHNOn/Photo on 2010-03-20 at 21.54.jpg/var/folders/0H/0HewW0YNG3uuO2V0DmPcCk+++TI/-Tmp-/com.apple.PhotoBooth-T0x1001176a0.tmp.EVrVNv/Photo on 2010-03-20 at 21.55.jpg

/var/folders/0H/0HewW0YNG3uuO2V0DmPcCk+++TI/-Tmp-/com.apple.PhotoBooth-T0x1001176a0.tmp.rDXpZO/Photo on 2010-03-20 at 21.56.jpg

/var/folders/0H/0HewW0YNG3uuO2V0DmPcCk+++TI/-Tmp-/com.apple.PhotoBooth-T0x1001176a0.tmp.URQ0Us/Photo on 2010-03-20 at 21.57 #2.jpg

/var/folders/0H/0HewW0YNG3uuO2V0DmPcCk+++TI/-Tmp-/com.apple.PhotoBooth-T0x1001176a0.tmp.qSHLch/Photo on 2010-03-20 at 21.57.jpg

Comment

Stupid Apple!

J.C.

Comment

Well got er done here are some pictures of the job got $896 for the job or should I say Ferguson s got $896 haha the pro press is pretty cool I will have to stock up on some fittings I just about ran out by the time I was done. This seem like it will be a good set up for public water supply how ever people will most likely want to see plastic if their on a well since the water is acid most plumbers are installing C.P.V.C. in these cases and have also been installing it in homes on public supply. So I guess I will have to still stock it to repair or tie in to a c.p.v.c. And I will also have to continue to use shark bites on well systems if you cut in to a section of 30 year old copper it is like paper I am sure the RP-220 will eat it for lunch so a shark bite can make the transition. And can any of your explain this to me I have lost 2 calls because people seem to think I am too far I told this lady today will you called me right I service your area I am in your book last saturday got a sump pump call lost it because
                  I was all too far or so she thought WTF I guess I will stop telling customers were I am and just give them a first hour rate " no $45 call out fee" oh yea back to the job today I bought this red ridgid pipe reamer to prep the copper before it goes into the fitting and I had a problem with it ripping into the pipe It was making the pipe worse than I started what could I be doing wrong? anyways I ll shut up check out the pictures tell me what you think.

/Users/dougbamford/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2010/Mar 20, 2010/Photo on 2010-03-20 at 21.54.jpg
                  /Users/dougbamford/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2010/Mar 20, 2010/Photo on 2010-03-20 at 21.55.jpg
                  /Users/dougbamford/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2010/Mar 20, 2010/Photo on 2010-03-20 at 21.56.jpg
                  /Users/dougbamford/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2010/Mar 20, 2010/Photo on 2010-03-20 at 21.57.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                    You've got to video how you keep the cables cleaner coming back. I'm talking a 1.5" to 2" galvanized run. I've read all (or a good majority) of the K60 & K50 posts but always have the "black drip of doom" on the sectionals no matter what.

Get one of these. http://www.theflip.com/en-us/Products/

Then upload so I or others can get the real idea.

Thanks.

J.C.
                    jc if you were at the first roundup, then you would have seen us use a k-50 5/8'' sectional at joshes parents house while coming home from dinner on a hot and humid night. josh video taped the job in a semi commercial kitchen that was plugged up. we had cardboard on the ground so we didn't get our clothes dirty on the tile floor. but it also showed with the right technique how to stay clean, how to stay dry and how to get it done. yes the cardboard stayed dry and our dinner clothes stayed dry too

the video is online and if you don't believe me, just ask adam, ben, bill, or josh.

next question

how about this last roundup when they surprised us with 3 different cutting and threading stations. no one was aware of this as we were all dressed in non work clothes. i had on a silk hawaiian shirt and nice slacks and shoes. it was a timed contest and oil was flying along with the chips. after the 3 stations my clothes were still oil and drip free.

of course the groups that followed us all got shop aprons and thanks to bill, the walls got cardboard

needless to say, i stayed clean and managed to finish with the fastest combined time

so it can be fast and efficient while still remaining clean. practice/ experience makes perfect.

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

jc if you were at the first roundup, then you would have seen us use a k-50 5/8'' sectional at joshes parents house while coming home from dinner on a hot and humid night. josh video taped the job in a semi commercial kitchen that was plugged up. we had cardboard on the ground so we didn't get our clothes dirty on the tile floor. but it also showed with the right technique how to stay clean, how to stay dry and how to get it done. yes the cardboard stayed dry and our dinner clothes stayed dry too

the video is online and if you don't believe me, just ask adam, ben, bill, or josh.

next question

how about this last roundup when they surprised us with 3 different cutting and threading stations. no one was aware of this as we were all dressed in non work clothes. i had on a silk hawaiian shirt and nice slacks and shoes. it was a timed contest and oil was flying along with the chips. after the 3 stations my clothes were still oil and drip free.

of course the groups that followed us all got shop aprons and thanks to bill, the walls got cardboard

needless to say, i stayed clean and managed to finish with the fastest combined time

so it can be fast and efficient while still remaining clean. practice/ experience makes perfect.

rick.
                      Oh I watched that. Seemed like fun for you and Bill.

I don't know if I'm calling you out or just wanting to learn to do better. Maybe a little of both.

But how about a video of just you running a 1.5"-2" galvanized line keeping the cables as clean as you describe. Residential kitchen or bathroom lavatory, inside. I haven't been able to achieve it.

I'll be the first to "THANK YOU".

J.C.
                      Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 03-21-2010, 12:53 AM.

Comment

lets see, i have close to 800 photos posted on the forum and now you want me to start video taping my jobs. i guess i could break out the helmet cam as i work alone.

so 10,000+ post and 800 photos and you can't find anything worthwhile

well i do have a video online with the k-60.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp60O...layer_embedded#

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

well I had fun with the RP-210 makes me want to start using copper again! I will have to look into getting the 1/2"&3/4" pex jaws for work with homes on well systems.
                          Last edited by Clipper City Plumber; 03-21-2010, 08:43 AM.

Comment

I hope you can see these!https://www.ridgidforum.com/filedata/fetch?id=622253https://www.ridgidforum.com/filedata/fetch?id=622254https://www.ridgidforum.com/filedata/fetch?id=622255
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Clipper City Plumber; 03-21-2010, 08:56 AM.

Comment

lets see, i have close to 800 photos posted on the forum and now you want me to start video taping my jobs. i guess i could break out the helmet cam as i work alone.

so 10,000+ post and 800 photos and you can't find anything worthwhile

well i do have a video online with the k-60.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp60O...layer_embedded#

rick.
                              Absolutely. I've found lots of information from you and others' posts. And still learning as much as possible. That's why I ask so many questions.

One annoyance I always have is the black drip out of a small galvanized line when running a sectional. It's the typical thing many (or at least me) would see as that's more likely to clog. Made me start looking into drums.

You post repeatedly that you have no problem with this and it is even cleaner than using a drum. So I wanted to see it and the "spin dry" method. I could learn this and wouldn't have to make a drum purchase.

And it makes absolutely no sense to me that you wouldn't want to show a video with your affinity for the camera and willingness to help. Your post proves it. 10,000+posts and 800 photos.

But still no video of this in a white cabinet. Can't do it?

The Flip cam should even be easier for you to use than a normal camera. I believe it fits those small tripods so you could just place it anywhere and turn it on. Then you can grab stills from the video or even upload the whole thing.

Thinking of getting one myself.

Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                              X