Flare block and pin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flare block and pin

When all else fails call out for Plumber Rick to come to the rescue. Hi guts adn girls, I know you are all graduating to pro-press but we still use flared fittings downunder especially on gas lines. Problem is we are trying to find a 4" or 100mm block and pin. We have a 3" or 80mm one which is just too small. HAs anyone seen one of these and where can we buy it from????????

Re: Flare block and pin

the largest flaring tool i have is a 1.5'' hammer style. you insert it onto the end of the tube and whack it with a 3# hand sledge/ engineering hammer.

i would like to see your 3'' flaring tool. can you post a photo.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Re: Flare block and pin

Rick, two of my mates have told me that they have 3"block and pins as you have described. I have all sizes upto 2". However it was a high risk gas job that we were working on which led to us using a 4"flared union. I am going to have one of my fitter mates make up a couple of block and pins for me when he has a moment. We may only use them once in thirty years but if it gives yo a result its worth every bit of use.

Will stay in touch rick with this. By the way my mate was quoted over $500.00 ++++ au/dollar for a 3"block and pin. Some might think we are backwards but we are all similar but still different.

Comment

Working...
      X