X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Propress rental

Anyone have an extra (Rick) propress that they would be willing to rent me. I need to press 2 1/2" copper in a hospital and have a limited window where the water can be turned off. I would be willing to send two Paypal payments, one for the rental and one for a significant deposit which could be refunded when the tool was returned. I will also need a few fittings as none of the suppliers here carry anything like that. Thanks!
    Last edited by Devine Plumbing; 04-13-2010, 10:21 PM.
    Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

Re: Propress rental

pleasure to talk to you

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks Rick,
      I will post some pictures tomorrow. Always great to talk to somone as passionate as I am about what we do and someone who realizes that its more than just an occupation or a way to make a quick buck.

Comment

I jsut a thought would a Jet swet work for you, http://www.brenelle.com/index.php?type=prod&kind=15

main site, http://www.brenelle.com/

how to use, http://www.brenelle.com/index.php?type=how
        Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
        attributed to Samuel Johnson
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

bhd, we did discuss that method too

basically waiting for the photos to see what will work within his budget and job requirements.

i do own the 2.5'' jet swet and as long as he can get the water to stop from the other side, he'll be fine. problem is there is a time constraint on this job and a jet swet might not fit that time frame.

propress will get you in and get you out.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Rick you show amazing confidence in the propress system. What Iam having trouble with although I must admit I havent had too much time to question here is the capability of the propress system. I see you are using upto 4"whiuch in our terms is increedible if your mains are similar pressure to ours.

Comment

Here is what I am working with. Both pipes resting on top of a gas pipe. About 2' on both sides of the valve to the nearest fitting. 4" of clearance between the hot and cold pipes.

Comment

What's your time window? What does the line supply?

Press is looking more the way to go here.

J.C.

Comment

And don't hit the sprinkler vial with the ladder!

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                    What's your time window? What does the line supply?

Press is looking more the way to go here.

J.C.
                    Not sure what rooms these valves feed. I do know that had an issue with one of the valves and a dropped gate, but were able to get it to partially reopen by hitting it from the bottom with a hammer. I was hoping to have everything complete in under 30 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Devine Plumbing View Post
                      Not sure what rooms these valves feed. I do know that had an issue with one of the valves and a dropped gate, but were able to get it to partially reopen by hitting it from the bottom with a hammer. I was hoping to have everything complete in under 30 minutes.
                      You better get a Press Tool and maybe a freezer kit (might need it) in my opinion. Buildings can sometimes wait. Hospitals gotta' run.

Good luck. You can handle it. Please post how it goes.

Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by Devine Plumbing View Post

propress is a no brainer in this case.

you're replacing both 2.5'' gates with ball valves.

you can easily prefab both cxc ball valves with 1' stubs soldered in and then mark your existing copper. drain it the best you can and then slip in 2 repair couplings properly marking the even insert depth.

in 5 seconds with water still dripping, you'll have each 1/2 of the 2.5'' coupling pressed into place.

this is a job for the 400 electric propress as you have plenty of clearance pointing the machine down. you can either use the xl brass fittings or the xlc copper fittings.

when do you need it by?

i have either set of jaws for you

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

I will be submitting an estimate to her today. Give me a call when you get a chance.

Thanks
                          517-262-0303

Comment

I'm thinking Rick dropped off the face of the earth!!

Comment

ricks been a working.

i'll call you over the weekend. i'm pst and you cst? (time zone)

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                              X