X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pro Press G

I have never installed black steel piping so I don't know. This whole job took about 16 hrs (which includes sitting down with the customer and eating dinner with him and his family) and piping was only part of it. The copper pro press took me 2 1/2 hours getting the connection above the breaker panel and next to the cast iron stack was very, very hard. Could have been done faster but I didn't order any couplings (duh!) and had 27 feet to go. I am fully stocked now and may use a roll of soft next time so I don't get stuck with a really tight spot to fit the pro press. Remember you guys are the reason why I did the job this way. If it wasn't for you guys talking on here about lightning damage to c.s.s.t, I would have just installed that. But after looking at pictures with it damaged there is no way I will ever use it. I do not have faith in a 6 gauge bonding wire to protect the pipe. What if it does not get done or if someone takes it off or cuts it and if any thing happens to this wire then all you need is a good indirect strike. Come on--no way not in my house, not in their house! I also installed his range and did not take a picture of it or the LG dishwasher that was a major pain! I had to cut up a shelf and part of the cabinet with my new ridgid one handed sawzall then I had a problem with a receptacle that was installed behind the dishwasher had to move it and it was actually a junction with a branch circuit connected for the garbage disposer . well after I moved it and started pushing the dishwasher back the damn wires it this old box shorted major pain but I got it and every thing works good . will be going back to work on his boiler and this guy has already started to refer me to people!! One for Team Ridgid!! Thanks Guys!!

Comment

looks like you have the same cameraman

even though it might not mean anything to the owner, i would try to paint the pipe before the install or just use a brush so as not to over-spray the paint.

i doubt that the entire circumference needs painting. a decent brush streak will suffice.

what do we do out here when the water is gal and the gas is also gal? absolutely nothing as we think twice before we cut into the line.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

I was thinking of that as I was breathing in the spray paint fumes and later spiting out yellow spit I am thinking of using soft copper with yellow pe sleeve and pro-press ends. The inspector asked me rick "how do ya test those joints" I replied like you told me with a 30psi test I did miss a joint and lost air right away no biggie whip out the rp 220 and bam done I love that thing no more c.p.v.c for me , well at least till it get my viega pure flow fittings! and now no more steel or c.s.s.t !

Comment

Just paid $15 to talk to a internet customer and help them on their toilet repair I guess that is what happens when you don't listen to you Ridgid forum buddies about advertising. I wish I would have found out about this place five years ago.

Comment

looks good man my only beef is it seems like your valve at the meter makeup is a gas cock and not full port correct me if im wrong though...
            Last edited by plumbworker; 05-09-2010, 04:15 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

that's definitely a full port valve.

but then, someone correct me if I'm wrong.
              Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

It passed inspection the inspector was quick but he did look at my work at the meter the only reason the valve is there was for the 30 psi. 24hr test .

Comment

Working...
                X