X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• man versus machine

so it's actually going to happen. ben and i are going to finally answer the question that all of you have been waiting for

we are going to have a race to the death

either my arm cramps up and i lose

or i take my ridgid #15 tubing cutter and do what i've said i'm going to do. beat ben using his milwaukee 12volt electric tubing cutter.

we'llbe entertaining the crowd at the phcc trade show in the ridgid booth cutting 3/4'' type l copper. when the original factory battery dies, game over. the one with the most cuts will be king of all cutters

the specs on the milwaukke cutter states over 200 cuts on a charge. hopefully my arm and hands will outlast and be faster than the boy with his toy

i'm sure there will be some photos and video so we all can see what happens.

those attending, plan on being at the ridgid booth around 11:15.

the winner gets bragging rights, the scrap copper and if ben wins he will keep the milwaukee cutter i'm providing. but when i win ben will take me fishing on a day charter boat.

so lets root for team ridgid

rick.
    phoebe it is

Re: man versus machine

Need your number...Iphone apparently has a very short call list which I absolutely need to change it.
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

We'll be rooting for ya!!!

Comment

Good luck to both. Don't break the wheel Rick crankin' it down!

J.C.

Comment

Make me proud Ben!!

Comment

Go Rick Go
            have a 2nd cutter there
            Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
            http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
            http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

We have a winner, 108 to 105 blood was spilled it could have been Ridgid red.
              Stay tuned for video details.

Comment

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...928#post294928

Vote here for thread of the week.
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Sawzall what?

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                    so it's actually going to happen. ben and i are going to finally answer the question that all of you have been waiting for

we are going to have a race to the death

either my arm cramps up and i lose

or i take my ridgid #15 tubing cutter and do what i've said i'm going to do. beat ben using his milwaukee 12volt electric tubing cutter.

we'llbe entertaining the crowd at the phcc trade show in the ridgid booth cutting 3/4'' type l copper. when the original factory battery dies, game over. the one with the most cuts will be king of all cutters

the specs on the milwaukke cutter states over 200 cuts on a charge. hopefully my arm and hands will outlast and be faster than the boy with his toy

i'm sure there will be some photos and video so we all can see what happens.

those attending, plan on being at the ridgid booth around 11:15.

the winner gets bragging rights, the scrap copper and if ben wins he will keep the milwaukee cutter i'm providing. but when i win ben will take me fishing on a day charter boat.

so lets root for team ridgid

rick.
                    Sorry Rick your buggard I just bought a Milwaukee hackzall and the 12v copper cutter was thrown in, you better practice eating humble pie as copper cutters arn't my favorite cutter but the Milwaukee could change my mind if they incorporated a deburrer with it.

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
                      Sorry Rick your buggard I just bought a Milwaukee hackzall and the 12v copper cutter was thrown in, you better practice eating humble pie as copper cutters arn't my favorite cutter but the Milwaukee could change my mind if they incorporated a deburrer with it.

Tony
                      tony, i might just have to go there and show you how to eat possum pie

i have both the hackzall and 2 copper cutters. just in case i lost, i would still have 1

i never said i didn't like the cutter. i said that i was faster than it. of course faster is used as in normal cutting jobs. not sitting down cutting 108 pieces. my wrist is still very sore and my blister has sewer juice keeping it lubed

i like the cutter for overhead demo work. gives me an 8'+ reach from the ground. honestly i don't use it for my normal cutting jobs as i still use my regular ridgid #15 cutters or larger.

i just bought the new milwaukee 12 volt no hub torque driver. it has a preset 60 and 80 inch pound certified calibration settings.

and no, i don't want to race it as i know i will lose

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

i never said i didn't like the cutter. i said that i was faster than it. of course faster is used as in normal cutting jobs. not sitting down cutting 108 pieces. my wrist is still very sore and my blister has sewer juice keeping it lubed
                        Billy Bob cried cause Billy Bob is a bit of a crier.
                        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

tony, i might just have to go there and show you how to eat possum pie

i have both the hackzall and 2 copper cutters. just in case i lost, i would still have 1

i like the cutter for overhead demo work. gives me an 8'+ reach from the ground. honestly i don't use it for my normal cutting jobs as i still use my regular ridgid #15 cutters or larger.

i just bought the new milwaukee 12 volt no hub torque driver. it has a preset 60 and 80 inch pound certified calibration settings.

and no, i don't want to race it as i know i will lose

rick.
                          I don`t like possum pie Rick it would be like eating my dog what about apple pie now what are the rules are you going to cut the pipe with your #15 cutter from the end of the pipe lets say 2" (50mm) from the end allowing you to keep your hand on the cutter and rachet up the pressure on the cutter as you rotate the cutter or are you going to make the cut lets say 2' (600mm) from one end and having remove and reaply your hand on your #15 cutter and is deburring a part of this test.

Tony

Comment

tony. since we had a limited amount of copper, ben didn't bring his copper, we decided to keep the cuts as short as possible to keep from running out. my cuts were from the cutting wheel to the edge of the cutter and were approx. 1/2'' long. ben was cutting his shorter. it had appeared that i was way ahead as we both started with the same length of pipe and my stick was disappearing faster.

i had to take my hands off the cutter to rotate and tighten. truthfully longer pieces would have allowed me to snap off the pieces if needed without cutting the whole way.

reaming was not part of the task, just cutting.

i don't think there will be another rematch as my wrist and forearm really feel like i did some damage to it i have no strength and lots of pain while trying to twist my wrist like using a nut driver. i was worried about cramping in my arm before the contest. didn't realize i would be paying for it days later.

the video should be interesting to watch.

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

I am finally back in OH. I need to dump the video tonight and chop it up to get it to 10 minutes.

Should be entertaining. Oh yeah.. I may need to bleep out a few choice words as well

Comment

Working...
                              X