X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• roll grooving 3" copper

What is yall's opinion on roll grooving copper? Is it quicker than sil-phos, How quick is the learning curve on learning to roll groove??I own a ridgid 300 , so I believe I would like to buy a groover to work with my 300,in said case, how expensive is the ridgid eqipment??I am starting to bid a large church expansion in my area and the 3" copper truck must be either sil-phos or roll groove, so I am trying to see what my options are because I have never roll-grooved anything before. Thanks men.

Re: roll grooving 3" copper

i've done 6'' with good results and have loaned out my hand roller to others who have also had good results in 2'' and above.

the machine i have is an in place victaulic roll groover. the biggest thing to know is the final depth adjustment.

keep in mind that the fittings cost more, including the vic copper couplings.

see if they will allow propress. that's the way i would go for 4'' and smaller. much faster and fittings are probably equal cost.

rick.

p.s. if you need a copper roll grover, i'll sell you mine
    phoebe it is

Comment

we grove 2" and above. for long runs it is easier to keep it straight. pro press gets a bit wavy from the pressing process. but it is faster.

one big ?? should be what does the supplier stock or how fast can they get it. we get vic fast and press takes forever here.

Comment

thanks guys. I had already asked the G.C. about propress and his reply was that propress was approved for 2" and below. Thanks for yall's replies.

Comment

Originally posted by JW3 View Post
          thanks guys. I had already asked the G.C. about propress and his reply was that propress was approved for 2" and below. Thanks for yall's replies.
          You wouldn't happen to know who he was refering to?
          Owner,job spec,code,administrative authority,Easter Bunny

I couldn't help myself

Comment

Working...
          X