Ridgid 00-R vs 12-R Hand Threader

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid 00-R vs 12-R Hand Threader

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the ratchet threader 12-r and 00-r? I can't find the difference anywhere...

Re: Ridgid 00-R vs 12-R Hand Threader

The die holder, and ratchet head is a different size,

the 00R 1/8" to 1" pipe size,

12R 1/8" to 2" in pipe size,

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Hand-Threader-Die-Heads

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Exposed-...s/EN/index.htm

I do not have the 00R but I do have a 111R and it I think went to 1 1/4"

But on smaller pipe the smaller unit is handy, and easier to use, but on the larger end 3/4 & 1" and up, the 12R is the way to go IMO, trying to thread a 1/8 or 1/4 pipe with a 12R is some what interesting,
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

I like my 00-R if I need to thread anything bigger than 1" it goes to the power vise, or I weld it. 12-R is to heavy and big to lug around on my truck.

Comment

as it's already been mentioned, it's the overall size/ mass of the die heads and ratchet.

it's almost like asking what's the difference between a 10'' pipe wrench and 18'' wrench. both will do small pipe but the 10'' typically stops around 1'' pipe and fittings.

rick.
        Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 08-17-2010, 09:09 AM.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Have always used 12-R, but have situation where pipe runs parallel to bottom of fireplace, with not enough clearance between side of pipe and brick for 12-R. My Q is if the 00-R requires less clearance from the side of the pipe. Catalog/online do not specify, and Ridgid tech support says it requires equal amount of clearance as the 12-R. Anyone know? I am not talking about clearance from end of threads to where pipe penetrates wall--I'm talking about between the side of the pipe and the brick running parallel to the pipe. thanks!

Comment

You'd have to wait for someone with both to chime in with real measurements, but going off memory the 00-r would probably buy you between 1/2" and 1" over the 12-r.
            I carry the 12-r on the truck, and just grab the 700 from the shop if I'm doing a Lot of threading.
            No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Working...
            X