X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pipe beveling with Ridgid 535?

I'm a welding instructor for the NJ Dept. of Corrections. I just inherited a RIDGID 535 (Serial#EAM22209Au1) pipe threading machine from another department in excellent condition. We do some pipe welding on 2 inch and smaller diameter steel pipe and are currently beveling our pipe using an incrediably slow process. I was wondering if RIDGID manufactures some sort of cutting dies that would replace the threading dies so that we could bevel the ends of 2 inch diameter steel pipe with the 535. Generally the bevel angle is about 27 degrees and extends onto the pipe (on the outside diameter) approximately 1/4" depending on the schedule (mostly sch 40 and 60 and thinner).

Does RIDGID manufacture any type of dies to cut bevels on pipe for the 535?

Thanks for your help,
    Chris

Re: Pipe beveling with Ridgid 535?

Chris,
    We do make beveling dies that work with the 535 machine as long as you have a universal die head (811, 811A, 815, ie). Our beveling dies are sold in sets that will do 37 1/2 and 45 degrees. The sizes of pipe they will do is 1/2-2". The catalog numbers for ordering are as follows;

37 1/2deg - 1/2-3/4"= catalog# 52192
    37 1/2deg - 1-2"= catalog# 50960

45deg 1/2-3/4"= catalog#52202
    45deg 1-2" = catalog#50965.

Hope this helps. If you have any more questions you can call technical service at 1-800-519-3456

Comment

Chris,
      We do offer dies for beveling. They will drop right in to your 811A dies head which is standard equipment on the model 535. They will also fit in to the models 815A, 816 and 817 dies heads if those are being used. We offer two angle variations 37-1/2 and 45 degrees. I am enclosing a link to our web site where you can see the ordering information for th4se dies. I hope this helps.

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Pipe-And...s/EN/index.htm

Comment

Hey Chris
        Great machine by the way, I would recommend a quick trip through Ebay first, I've seen what your looking for pretty frequently. Model # 821 Blade type cutter.

Comment

Thanks guys - lot's of great information really fast! I'll check my machine today and see what I have and go from there. I'm new to this RIDGID forum: very impressive - you guys are solving a whole lot of issues and giving out a lot of good information!
          Thanks again for your advice and time,
          Chris

Comment

Working...
          X