X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Favorite New Tool

A couple months ago I purchased a really small and well designed quality tool. I think it is new to the market as I had never seen it before.

It is a brass ferrule puller and it works great!!!

Look at how small it is compared to my other pullers. My only complaint is that it is so small that I have a hard time keeping track of it in my tool caddy.

I had kept the packaging around to photo it for the forum and somehow lost track of it. Hope the photos help. I bought it a Biard and Crockett in Anaheim, CA.

You use a 1/2 rachet style wrench with it (sold separately) which is a tool I already have in my tool caddy.
    Attached Files

Re: My Favorite New Tool

http://englishtoolco.com/

Comment

do you ever come across the older coarse threaded nuts?

how do you like the orange ferrule splitter?

i tried it 1 time since the trade show and it didn't fit as the estucion was too close to the end

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Have to confess. Never needed a ferrule puller.

J.C.

Comment

I feel it was a waste buying that orange ferrule splitter. The few times I tried to use it, it wouldn't work for what I needed to do.

I tried to use it for removing ferrules off of the 90 degree copper stub outs for PEX pipe, and the tool wouldn't fit far enough into the pipe to work. I think if I was trying to remove ferrules off of type L or type M copper, it would work great.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            do you ever come across the older coarse threaded nuts?

how do you like the orange ferrule splitter?

i tried it 1 time since the trade show and it didn't fit as the estucion was too close to the end

rick.
            I have run into a course thread on some old compression laundry bibs, but thats about it. I haven't had a chance to try it on any of these yet. The tool is designed to thread onto 2 different nut thread styles.

The orange ferrule splitter is okay, I have used it several times. I don't like how I have to ream the pipe end in order to insert the tool on most occassions and I have run into a few situations where I couldn't back the nut up out of the way.

However, this new tool just works and I am delighted to lighten up my tool caddy.

Comment

Here's a tool I just saw and would like to get but the cost exceeds the utility value for me. (personally). Now, if the full set was half the current price....

http://www.pipeparana.com/order_now.html
              Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

I watched the demo video. Looks like a great specialty tool. Whew - is it pricey and you really need several different models!!! Anybody else make these?

I love my specialty tools and want to be efficient. Sometimes this works against me when I knock out a major job in half the time at half the cost to the customer while still paying excessive specialty tool costs. I want to be the hero for the customer at the expense of my retirement I suppose. Doesn't help me afford all the new uber expensive specialty tools either.

Comment

Originally posted by Dakota View Post
                  I watched the demo video. Looks like a great specialty tool. Whew - is it pricey and you really need several different models!!! Anybody else make these?

I love my specialty tools and want to be efficient. Sometimes this works against me when I knock out a major job in half the time at half the cost to the customer while still paying excessive specialty tool costs. I want to be the hero for the customer at the expense of my retirement I suppose. Doesn't help me afford all the new uber expensive specialty tools either.
                  If I was going to buck up for a single it would definately be the 3" one. That would be great to have when raising closet flanges. I seem to be doing one of those every week. Then I wouldn't have to get permission from the condo owner downstairs to cut her ceiling out.

Maybe we should all pitch in for a whole kit and share?

Comment

my supply has has them, but i didn't check the price. they do seem pricey.

the wheeler rex fitting saver bits are more usefull for me. but i might get a 4'' piranha bit for closet flanges. very rare to see a 3'' closet flange out here.

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

As a weekend warrior I'm always intrigued by new slick tools.
                      I doubt I'd ever use this thing, never the less for the price I plopped down my credit card and ordered one.

2 days after getting it I had to replace a faucet shut off under the sink. It had the copper ferrule and I really did not want to reuse it as I suspected it was the source of the small leak.

I grabbed the tool and within moments I removed the old ferrule without any anxiety! I buffed up the copper and installed a new valve with its new ferrule.

Yeah! fixed it the first time and all within 15 minutes from start to clean up! Then again this did not happen at 9p.m. on a Friday night..it happened during the Cardinals foot ball game!

Cactus Man

Comment

Working...
                      X