X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid 600????

Thinking of buying one. But I already have the 1/2', 3/4" , 1" 3 way dies. And the adjustables that go from 1" - 2" . I love the portability of the 600 BUT I am still thinking 300..Decisions decisions
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Re: Ridgid 600????

Depends on what you do or envision to do in the future. Getting above 1", my little self ain't using the armbreakers.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
      Depends on what you do or envision to do in the future. Getting above 1", my little self ain't using the armbreakers.

J.C.
      The arm breakers meaning the 600-700 portable threaders They look like they have their place here and there. Never used one till the other day. Was impressed a bit. Either hand thread or used a 300.A 300 is a bit to lug around though

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
        The arm breakers meaning the 600-700 portable threaders They look like they have their place here and there. Never used one till the other day. Was impressed a bit. Either hand thread or used a 300.A 300 is a bit to lug around though
        Ridgid makes a wheel kit that turns a 300 into a dolly. I will see if I can take pictures this weekend.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Didn't they make one where the drive is one of the legs on the stand?

J.C.

Comment

the 600 goes 1/8''- 1.25'' and uses the hex type 11r die heads.

the 690 1/8''- 2'' hex 11r dies

700 go to 2''. 700 uses the large 12r dies. or others with the proper adapter.

so i guess it depends on the max size you encounter.

if interested i have a new 700 or a used 700 along with a mini collins that is similar to the 700.

the 300 is a heavy duty production machine that's great for prefab, but cutting 1 thread every now and then is a big investment.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

J.C.
              That is the Ridgid 270.

Mark
              Attached Files

Comment

J.C.
                a 270 was a combination of a 700 on a tristand with a 300 chuck head. used hand dies to thread. , hand ream and hand cut. basically a power drive only.

had a nice one till i sold it to rookie

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

I have a couple of 300's for sale but you would have to be local.

Mark

Comment

Thanks for all the input. I agree the 300 is a more production oriented machine. I have just used that machine more than the others. After using the 600 the other day I was quite impressed.I like the 270 idea as well.BUT I don't think you will be getting that up in a ceiling for in place piping anytime soon, I have never used the 700.I imagine it is the same principle as the 600. Clamp the quide vice on the pipe and thread. like I mentioned I am just trying to utilize everything I already have for threading. Hmmmmmm

Comment

Well I ran into a deal today An older 200 machine . The motor seems strong Only took about 1 hr. to clean it up and some simple green , grease , and oil. I could not pass it up $100.00 and the guy I bought it from said when he runs across the 3 way dies they are mine as well. I guess the gods were smiling down on me today
                      Attached Files

Comment

could not see if it had a foot pedel if not check on the recall could get it free no sure if still going on jeff

Comment

No this does not have a foot pedal. I would like one for sure . Are you saying they were recalled for not having a foot pedal? I called Ridgid today to get a part # for a drive belt that broke and they said that machine was 14 yrs. old ..
                          Last edited by OLD1; 10-05-2010, 09:06 AM.

Comment

go to the ridgid tool site go to support click the foot pedal list all the details jeff

Comment

Jeff thanks,
                              Looks like I fall into the category of getting a foot switch installed . Will let you know if it works out.I don't know if it is just the installation for free or the installation and the foot switch Thanks again
                              Last edited by OLD1; 10-06-2010, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X