X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knock off oilers

Has anyone tried this oiler? I really need one but not too hip with the looks of this .The bolts sticking out and all. Probably more s*** made in China

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-418-Oiler-fi...item5d2b410548
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Re: Knock off oilers

when you look at all the photos, you would have thought they would make sure it passes the first impression look.

the hose clamps are a joke, filter screen is tweaked and look closely at the black hose by the hand pump. it's already kinked.

not that the oiler is a complicated tool, but unless the replacement parts are 100% interchangeable with the ridgid model, stay far, far away. plus for the price of the unit and shipping, you could get a real ridgid.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Yeah thats what I was thinking ..Buy cheap buy twice huh

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
        Has anyone tried this oiler? I really need one but not too hip with the looks of this .The bolts sticking out and all. Probably more s*** made in China
        I wouldn't drop anything heavy in it.

Take a look at the ad copy, and then look at the RIDGID 418 Oiler text. Copied, word for word. They even mention that their steel bucket is molded to eliminate leaks, and is lighter than steel and won't rust.
        Steve
        www.MorrisGarage.com

Comment

Originally posted by smorris View Post
          I wouldn't drop anything heavy in it.

Take a look at the ad copy, and then look at the RIDGID 418 Oiler text. Copied, word for word. They even mention that their steel bucket is molded to eliminate leaks, and is lighter than steel and won't rust.
          Again more Chinese knock off B*** S*** ..I will stick with Ridgid ..I am looking at buying the oiler right now and they are throwing in a gallon of nu -clear oil I believe..Toolup

Comment

Looks like the Ridgid 418 oiler is the one I am going to get. Any thoughts on this oiler . Tool up is even throwing in a gallon of nu-clear oil.

Comment

I haven't tried that particular oiler before, but I have tried (reluctantly) some of the other off brand oilers. Though there isnt much to go wrong on an oiler, some of the off brands have a crappy designed pump that isnt very ergonomic.

Comment

I tell you what go on ebay and thats all you see. Is cheap knock off chinese s*** ! From fake k-50's to fake 1500's to fake power ponies knock off cables..What horse s***!!! I guess they are figuring homeowmers don't give a dam or don't know any better..You have to really make sure ..Famous print. Fits Ridgid ! I would be afraid of the cables and even knockoff heads. Gimme a break ..What garbage !

Comment

Working...
                X