Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 600 Deal Or No Deal ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Was wondering if this was a good deal or not
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Re: 600 Deal Or No Deal ?

Thats a good deal. I paid that much just for the unit with out the dies and case. Sadly its sold.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
      Thats a good deal. I paid that much just for the unit with out the dies and case. Sadly its sold.
      Yeah , I made an offer yesterday and found out today they accepted $600.00 + $ 30.00 shipping ..I'd be kicking myself in the a** for not buying it. Hoping for the best
      I am waiting on the drive belt (Thanks Tool Up )for the 200 machine I bought last week for $ 100.00 . So I'll have a grand total of $165 invested in that set up. And I am making a wheel kit for it as well.. I am thinking I will be set on threading equipment for a while
      Last edited by OLD1; 10-15-2010, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Well after waiting 10 days after my offer was accepted it showed up but I needed to sign for it in person. Even after leaving FedEx home delivery a note to leave it they wouldn't. So they had to put a hold on it and I had to drive to their depot to pick it up.Major PITA. Unpacked the unit and the trigger lock was broken, box was beat to hell, and looked like it was def. used more than once as the ad claimed. Contacted the seller that I was sending his broken item back. What a crap shoot. Contacted PayPal as well . Had to pay to ship back to seller. With packaging and insurance that was $80 . I am hoping for a full refund.This sucks. Big Time . Now I get to play the wait game for a credit
        Last edited by OLD1; 10-15-2010, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
          Well after waiting 10 days after my offer was accepted it showed up but I needed to sign for it in person. Even after leaving FedEx home delivery a note to leave it they wouldn't. So they had to put a hold on it and I had to drive to their depot to pick it up.Major PITA. Unpacked the unit and the trigger lock was broken, box was beat to hell, and looked like it was def. used more than once as the ad claimed. Contacted the seller that I was sending his broken item back. What a crap shoot. Contacted PayPal as well . Had to pay to ship back to seller. With packaging and insurance that was $80 . I am hoping for a full refund.This sucks. Big Time . Now I get to play the wait game for a credit
          Did you consider negotiating with the seller to pay to have you get the trigger lock fixed? Who knows, it might have cost less than what you paid for return shipping. Then you would still have the equipment. Maybe the seller would even still consider that instead of a bad review.
          Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

I know from the pictures in the Ebay ad it looks like its brand new. Some times the sellers will do a bait and switch when it comes to selling items. I seen the bait and switch tactic used on books. The seller pictures a mint condition book, which gets a high bid/offer, and ships out a subpar book with broken spine and such.

Sorry this had to happen to you Old1 Maybe call AJ Coleman he might have a good used one for a decent price for you, if you really need a threader like that. He sold me a good used 600 for a good price after showing him what I did to my Rothenberger threader.

Comment

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
              Did you consider negotiating with the seller to pay to have you get the trigger lock fixed? Who knows, it might have cost less than what you paid for return shipping. Then you would still have the equipment. Maybe the seller would even still consider that instead of a bad review.

No , I priced the new trigger lock assembly. It was over $88.00 He didn't act like he had one to send me.So after stewing I just asked for a refund . I just want to get my $ back . I am not even going to leave feedback , good bad or otherwise. Just want my$ credited. And then..have strong feeling I just ate $80 in return shipping and insurance though Who knows stranger things have happened

Comment

I know from the pictures in the Ebay ad it looks like its brand new. Some times the sellers will do a bait and switch when it comes to selling items. I seen the bait and switch tactic used on books. The seller pictures a mint condition book, which gets a high bid/offer, and ships out a subpar book with broken spine and such.

Sorry this had to happen to you Old1 Maybe call AJ Coleman he might have a good used one for a decent price for you, if you really need a threader like that. He sold me a good used 600 for a good price after showing him what I did to my Rothenberger threader.
                Yeah Ratz,
                I did question the looks of the item when the zoom feature was unavailable.Then I told him the machine was def used more than once . He said that "HE" had used it once. I said read your ad . Don't play word games . The plastic inside the metal box that holds the dies and machine was destroyed.Very carefully pieced together and the crushed right end of the box was conviently not in the pic. I am not going to Just hope he has a conscience and does the right thing .
                Last edited by OLD1; 10-16-2010, 09:34 PM.

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ridgid-600-Power...item1e5f23a061

Well he posted it back up and changed the description to hardly used. Doesn't mention the fact that the trigger lock is broken . And the inside of the box is torn to s***! and does not include the support arm. I really wish I could contact the people that are making him offers. I shipped it back and still haven't received a credit and he has already relisted the piece of junk...What a bunch of bulls***! I already filed a dispute with PayPal just waiting on a credit so I can close the dispute. At this point I'll be lucky to get my credit never mind the shipping and insurance I paid to get it back to him. He's probably waiting to unload on his next victim before he credits me back ..Sorry just had to vent..
                  Last edited by OLD1; 10-19-2010, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
                    http://cgi.ebay.com/Ridgid-600-Power...item1e5f23a061

Well he posted it back up and changed the description to hardly used. Doesn't mention the fact that the trigger lock is broken . And the inside of the box is torn to s***! and does not include the support arm. I really wish I could contact the people that are making him offers. I shipped it back and still haven't received a credit and he has already relisted the piece of junk...What a bunch of bulls***! I already filed a dispute with PayPal just waiting on a credit so I can close the dispute. At this point I'll be lucky to get my credit never mind the shipping and insurance I paid to get it back to him. He's probably waiting to unload on his next victim before he credits me back ..Sorry just had to vent..
                    You can reach all those that are bidding on it. Leave him a negative feedback on the auction you won. Or leave a neutral one explaining why you returned it. You can also flag the post and explain the item is not as described.

Comment

You can reach all those that are bidding on it. Leave him a negative feedback on the auction you won. Or leave a neutral one explaining why you returned it. You can also flag the post and explain the item is not as described.
                      Actually spoke with the seller today.He seemed irritated with me..That was funny Explained that I opened a dispute to cma and to make sure he made good on my credit. Just business I said. Contacted PayPal , they said I will get a credit within the next 24-48 hrs.I said simply when I receive my credit the case closes.Simple.I also said I would like to be reimbursed for my shipping even though PayPal said they can only make the seller reimburse the price I paid for the equipment.Huuu So I am getting screwed on that deal.Theres more in my conversation with the seller but I can't type as fast as I can rant lolol. Told him I see you relisted the equipment and still do not mention the broken trigger lock, the missing support arm, the plastic insert that is torn to s***! Told him this transaction has only caused me $ and frustration and would be "good business" to credit my shipping and to check his tools out before selling and shipping them out.Anyhow I am spent with this deal

Comment

Looks like he ended the sale. He had 4 offers two of them expired and two he declined.

Comment

Looks like he ended the sale. He had 4 offers two of them expired and two he declined.
                          Yep Ratz you are on this too I see..Good I hope he eats it .Btw I did receive me credit back from PayPal . Like I thought though I ate the return shipping..Thats ok. It ain't over quite yet.

Comment

Working...
                          X