X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie Intro

Howdy folks. I just figured I would introduce myself. I'm a Foreman for a large fire sprinkler company in North East Georgia. I just found this forum the other day, and I hope to be able to contribute to the discussions here, and learn some new things also. I have 12 years of "official" experiance in the trade, but I grew up around sprinkler work. Since my dad was in the buissness for over 30 years, I guess it's in my blood lol.

Re: Newbie Intro

welcome,
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

welcome to the forum.

we can defiantly use the help with q & a. especially with vic pipe and large bore threading.

do you get into cpvc installations too?

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Welcome to the forum. We could always use another sprinky here. We've had a few over the years but they lose interest I guess as there is not much talk about fire protection systems. Though there was a thread running a couple weeks ago about residential sprinklers and their use in domestic water systems IIRC. I might have dreamed it, but i don't think so, I've been through a lot the past 3 weeks so my memory might be playing tricks on me.
          ---------------
          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
          ---------------
          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
          ---------
          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
          ---------
          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Nice to have you. Don't be shy.
            "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

do you get into cpvc installations too?

rick.

While I do cpvc installations from time to time, my preference is for steel pipe. All my cpvc installations have been in commercial buildings, mostly high rise condos and college dorms. I have never installed a single family home.

Thanks to all for the welcome.

Comment

actually Rick, we do cpvc installs on single family homes. though we pay an engineer to layout the system for us, and install a backflow preventer in the crawl.
                No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Comment

welcome bml, I am a sprinkler contractor myself.

Comment

Working...
                    X