X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutting 4" Stainless Steel

what's up guys? I'm noo. nice forum. I have a job coming up that requires some 4" SS fabrication and I need to know the best way to cut it. I did a search of the board and the only thing I could find was the 35S, which won't work on pipe up to 4". help, please. thanks.

Re: Cutting 4" Stainless Steel

Get a wrap a round, mark it square, then use a whizz wheel in a 4" grinder. If your good you can get a nice square cut with your Porta Band too, just make sure you have a SS blade in it.

Comment

ridgid sells a drycut chop saw. uses a carbide tipped sawblade that cuts fast with no heat and next to no sparks.

i have the dewalt version and i cut steel with it with great results. don't have a stainless blade since i don't work much with stainless.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        ridgid sells a drycut chop saw. uses a carbide tipped sawblade that cuts fast with no heat and next to no sparks.
        You mentioned the chop saw AND the blade. The blade is the 71692, right? Is the chop saw a low RPM or something special, or can the blade just drop in a different chopsaw?

Comment

Originally posted by TozziWelding View Post
          If your good
          that rules me out.

Comment

....and thanks to both of you.

Comment

Working...
            X