Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: pipe straighting dent or wrinkle removal?

Originally posted by spoon View Post
    Pull a log through it ?
    what a mess it would make if I got it stuck in there, but not a bad Idea, just like drawing it thought a die, or a die through it, grease it up good,
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

A couple ideas,

Pull through in increments.

I think running a rod though the log so you could have something attached to it to pull back, if it got lodged.

I think it's doable.

Comment

I'm sure You must do weld fab. As a welder, I'm guessing this.
        Cut out a section with 4" grinder and Zip cutter disk. Have My steel supplier roll some 18 Ga. plate same Dia. Mig with C-25 shield gas,
        making sure wind was blocked off.
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

the problem with cutting it out is that there are two braces that are welded in that location, and it would make a lot of extra work to cut and replace the dings, If I cant push them out, that may be an option, or it may be cheaper to just order a new section for that auger tube and replace it with new, (this manufacture is still in business), the other auger I rebuilt for him the manufacture was no longer around, so replacement parts were not availability or at least easily available,
          Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
          attributed to Samuel Johnson
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post
            the problem with cutting it out is that there are two braces that are welded in that location, and it would make a lot of extra work to cut and replace the dings, If I cant push them out, that may be an option, or it may be cheaper to just order a new section for that auger tube and replace it with new, (this manufacture is still in business), the other auger I rebuilt for him the manufacture was no longer around, so replacement parts were not availability or at least easily available,
            Wish You were closer, I'd bring My lincoln over tomorrow. Cut the braces and sleeve with pipe
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by G3sprinklers View Post
              could you use sheet metal screws and a slide hammer to pull them out?
              add a little heat while pulling and then weld up the screw hole.
              Spoken like an old body and fender man. Only thing you didn't mention is the Bondo for the weld on the screw hole.

Comment

yep...weld it up with O/A and a coat hanger.

Comment

Working...
                X