Selling a Ridgid 2500r superfreeze

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling a Ridgid 2500r superfreeze

I am sick of this just sitting in the shop, we do sewers and footing drains now very little service work. It works good just tried it on a pipe at my house the other day. 2500r Superfreeze in gray case. $1200 plus shipping. I posted this on Craigslist and I got all kinds of emails thinking it was a pipe thawer lol. Pictures available to serious people. SOLD
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Cuda; 12-05-2010, 02:44 PM.
    Seattle Drain Service

Re: Selling a Ridgid 2500r superfreeze

if i didn't already have 3 maybe i would.

in fact 1 of them starred in my milkshake video

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
      I am sick of this just sitting in the shop, we do sewers and footing drains now very little service work. It works good just tried it on a pipe at my house the other day. 2500r Superfreeze in gray case. $1200 plus shipping. I posted this on Craigslist and I got all kinds of emails thinking it was a pipe thawer lol. Pictures available to serious people.
      Can you post a couple pics?

I know someone who might be interested. They mentioned a while back they were looking for a freeze kit. Don't know if they are still looking or not.
      Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        if i didn't already have 3 maybe i would.

in fact 1 of them starred in my milkshake video

rick.
        Rick,

You work alone right? Why would you need or want three freeze kits?
        Are you going into the tool rental business when you retire?

Comment

that's only the ridigd units. i still have a lot of co2 freeze type bag units.

remember when i'm freezing a pipe, i still need a unit to freeze my milkshake and 1 to cool my dr. pepper

so that takes 3 to make me happy.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
            I am sick of this just sitting in the shop, we do sewers and footing drains now very little service work. It works good just tried it on a pipe at my house the other day. 2500r Superfreeze in gray case. $1200 plus shipping. I posted this on Craigslist and I got all kinds of emails thinking it was a pipe thawer lol. Pictures available to serious people.
            What are the chances? I almost NEVER need to freeze piping. Maybe three times in ten years. So today I'm on a job where the homeowner wants to raise the meter out of the pit in their basement. The water department tries to shut off the curb stop. No luck. For you warm weather souls... the curb stop is buried 8' down. They pour water down to lube it up. Nada. Next they pour down a 1/2 gallon of "BioBlast" it's an eco friendly oil to try and lube the curb stop which hasn't been operated in a half century. Nada. They have two guys on the curb stop key. nada. They have one guy on the key, and another one with a pipe wrench on the shaft. nada. They have one guy on the key and another guy beating on the key shaft, and top of the key to shock the curb stop to loosen it. nada. (All this in the snow and wind of course).
            I'm amazed the shaft didn't break on the curb stop the way these guys were going after it.

The plan is to let the oil soak overnight and try again in the AM. If that doesn't work then I'll have to freeze the water service.

If it's still available, should I buy a freeze machine or go get $20 worth of dry ice and pack it around the pipe. As much as it would be cool to get a freezing machine, I think I would get more utility out of a microcam. Still.... It's fun to get new tools.

Comment

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post

The plan is to let the oil soak overnight and try again in the AM. If that doesn't work then I'll have to freeze the water service.
              Letting the Bio oil soak overnight might have did the trick. I'm not sure, it was either that or the fellow leaning on the 20" lever on the key, while the other guy beat the shaft key with a 3 pound hammer.

They had pretty much given up after a half hour, and told me to just freeze the pipe when the stop loosened up little. Then it was a matter of working it back and forth for a while. City records indicated it hadn't been operated in over half a century.

I have a lot of respect for the water department service crews.

No dry ice.

Comment

Sold!
                Seattle Drain Service

Comment

What is that? Does it freeze the pipe to stop water flow? I have never used one, how does it work?

Comment

Working...
                  X