Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Propress repairs question

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Propress repairs question

    My 100b started blowing oil out the snout today. Anybody had this happen and how much am I looking at for the repair if anyone has had this repair done before. And I didn't have my 1 inch manual tool near where we where working so I had to bite the bullet and go buy another 1" manual crimper to get the peoples water main back on line. I will never not have a backup up again with us.
    Thanks in advance!
    Seattle Drain Service

  • #2
    Re: Propress repairs question

    So far mine has not needed any repairs. Maybe Marvin has seen this. I might be heading there tomorrow I will ask then.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Propress repairs question

      I had heard not to store it in cold temps, I was using it in about 39 degrees I don't know it thats too cold?
      Seattle Drain Service

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Propress repairs question

        Originally posted by Cuda View Post
        I had heard not to store it in cold temps, I was using it in about 39 degrees I don't know it thats too cold?
        If I know I am going to use it the day before I bring it in the night before to keep it at room temperature.

        But I have pulled it out of my truck during 15º days and had to let it warm up a little before it let me turn it on and press.
        Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
        A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
        Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
        Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Propress repairs question

          I always cycle it not under load then start using it but this time it did not crimp and oil came out on the jaws. And this was pex not copper.
          Seattle Drain Service

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Propress repairs question

            Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
            If I know I am going to use it the day before I bring it in the night before to keep it at room temperature.

            But I have pulled it out of my truck during 15º days and had to let it warm up a little before it let me turn it on and press.
            Is that suggested by the manufacture through literature Ron,or word of mouth?
            Sorry bout your tool Cuda.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Propress repairs question

              Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
              Is that suggested by the manufacture through literature Ron,or word of mouth?
              Sorry bout your tool Cuda.
              Marvin told me about keeping the tool inside the night before when I was renting his ProPress system. Not sure if its in the literature. I'll go to the van now and grab the instructions.
              Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
              A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
              Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
              Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Propress repairs question

                I find that many of my battery tools work better when warmed rather than left in the truck and it's freezing cold. And/or ran a little to "wake up". Regardless of battery chemistry.


                J.C.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Propress repairs question

                  Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                  Marvin told me about keeping the tool inside the night before when I was renting his ProPress system. Not sure if its in the literature. I'll go to the van now and grab the instructions.
                  No Dang-it!!!
                  It ain't that important.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Propress repairs question

                    Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                    I find that many of my battery tools work better when warmed rather than left in the truck and it's freezing cold. And/or ran a little to "wake up". Regardless of battery chemistry.


                    J.C.
                    I've even noticed it out here on a cold couple of mornings it got down to the low 40s

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Propress repairs question

                      The instructions just state how the batteries need to be at least 15º or warmer to work properly. Also the tool temperature sensor will not allow the tool to turn on if oil temperature is not within the temperature range of 0°F (-20°C) to 104°F (40°C).
                      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Propress repairs question

                        Talked to Chris at A J Coleman, he is the guy there that does simple repairs on the ProPress units. He said there is a bladder in there that might of split. It could cost around hundred bucks to fix. But if it needs calibration he can not do that there. There is some sort of computer they have to use to calibrate the unit and only authorized Ridgid Service Centers that have that computer or you have to send it to Ridgid.
                        Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                        A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                        Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                        Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X