PVC to iron

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PVC to iron

I had a question for the experts in the house : I have a vertical iron sewer pipe and I wan't to connect a new PVC pipe to it ( in the attached picture, it's the link between the grey line (iron) and black line (pvc).

There is nothing right now at the junction, I would have to make a hole and somehow connect the pvc to it.

Any suggestion on how this should be done ? I'm in no way a plumbing expert.

Thanks
    Attached Files

Re: PVC to iron

Originally posted by Nalmar View Post
    I had a question for the experts in the house : I have a vertical iron sewer pipe and I wan't to connect a new PVC pipe to it ( in the attached picture, it's the link between the grey line (iron) and black line (pvc).

There is nothing right now at the junction, I would have to make a hole and somehow connect the pvc to it.

Thanks
    two cast by plastic bands and a santee.. no. no hubs if underground.

Comment

Re: PVC to iron

Originally posted by Nalmar View Post

Thanks
      First you need to make certain the cast iron stack is supported with an existing riser clamp at the floor above. Or if you can't verify that, install a riser clamp or strap the pipe somehow on your floor to prevent it from falling once you cut the stack.

You need to shut the water off to the building and let it drain out of faucets on the lowest floor, while also opening faucets on the upper floor that feed into this stack. Flush any toilets on this stack after the water if off.

Get yourself a No hub sanitary tee with a 2" outlet and clamps. Cut the stack with a sawzall or pipe snapper or grinder and install the tee.

If you're not a handy sort of person it will be safer to hire a pro.
      Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Working...
      X