Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Switching to Pex

Originally posted by mpm View Post
    Yeah well when you live in the middle of the ocean (Hawaii is the most isolated place on earth) things get a bit more pricey.

Ray,

Diego Garcia.

The North Pole. Heck, the South Pole.

Oh.... and my in-law's place. (That's why I can't ever make it there)
    Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

I think Diego Garcia is the most isolated populated place on earth. Read those owners manuals. It clearly shows and talks about having expansion loops in place of 90's. Other than what JC said about the pics, Whenever I install a drop elbow, I put a clamp directly under the turn. Most of those are cast so the drop ears break. Extra clamp is cheap piece of mind.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Personally i love the stuff. been using it for about 4 years... it saves so much time. its not that hard to get it to look half as s decent if your running it under floor joists, snap a chalk line and staple every other or every one. it actually looks pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
          Whenever I install a drop elbow, I put a clamp directly under the turn. Most of those are cast so the drop ears break. Extra clamp is cheap piece of mind.
          I dont get it......help me understand what your doing and why. A pic or two might help.

Comment

Im not a huge fan of pex for many reasons including the reduced flow from internal fittings, the simplistic nature of its installation as turned every weekend diy warrior into his own home plumber. "atleast with water supply" but due to cost and ease of installation when biddding against my competion i to am forced to use it.. from my experience the only product im really happy with is uponar aquapex its a therpolastic and you actually get close to the same flow characteristics of that copper expanding the pipe makes it impossible to miss a crimp which as been known to haapppen time to time worth looking into. I hate to see a finished rough in on either uponar or pex because yes its ugly as sin and looks like a untrained buffon installed it "even when you take your time trying to make it look straight iv actually given up on the dream that it can look straight AND clean iv actually began to do home run systems with no joints and just hesaders similer to that of radiant in flor installaions the only down fall is alot more pipe in the walls and long run so sometimes you ed up waiting for hot water for a bit.. but no jonts in walls or floors equalls free liability hope this might hel a bit this is my first thread. iv been reading the forums for a couple months thanks for the great advise and insight

Comment

Working...
            X