Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the difference between 711 and 911

Howdy,

I am threading both BSPT and NPT threads 1/8" to 4" on a 1224 machine. Currently I have the 911 and 914 die heads but am wondering do I need the 711 and 714 die heads in order to thread the NPT or will the NPT dies work in the 911 and 914 die heads?

Thanks for any assistance

Re: What is the difference between 711 and 911

the 711 is the npt universal self opening 1/4''-2'' die head for right hand threads and the 714 is the receding self opening right hand npt for 2.5''-4''

just think when you need to thread left hand, you'll need another set of die heads too

verse 4.29 of the ridgid bible 2006

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks for the reply but it doesn't really answer my question. Let me try to clarify.

Will my R.H. NPT dies for 1/4" - 2" and 2-1/2" - 4" fit into and work in the 911 and 914 die heads resepctively or is it a must that I have the 711 and 714 die heads? If I do need them, what makes the die heads unique between the 711 and 911 and the 714 and 914? Or is it a gimic to make be buy two sets of die heads?

Thanks,

Comment

honestly, i don't know. the info i quoted was from the ridgid bible. it could be the built in stops are not adjustable, it could be the taper, it could be the dies don't interchange or it could be nothing

the bible actually specs a different die head for the npt and bspt.

the one that would know is smorris. steve is now retired and probably designed that machine. he usually checks in on a regular basis.

the left hand dies also require a different head.

have you tried customer/ tech services 800-519-3456

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

While the dies will fit between the heads, the 711 NPT and 714 NPT are different from the 911 BSPT and 914 BSPT in several ways. Cam plate size markings and trigger shapes differ, these differences will cause thread size issues. The dies themselves will fit between the heads.
          It is my recommendation to purchase the correct die heads for each thread form.

Comment

RDT,

Thanks for the information. I will purchase the NPT die heads.

Shane

Comment

Working...
            X