X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ridgid 460 tristand

just got a used but nearly new 460 tristand and i can't get it to open all the way...i've loosened the set screw, no luck...i've taken the tray completely off and turned it every which way, makes no difference...the legs are open as far as they can go yet the tray won't lay flat....on the underside of of the table it says "ridge tool co" but nothing of ohio or usa, is this just a poorly laid out chinese model...disappointed.....any advice would be helpful

Re: ridgid 460 tristand

Stomp on it ...Works everytime for mine
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

thanks, the stomping worked...the thing is crazy tight though...guess i'll have to flip it over to stomp it closed and hope the legs don't get me!!!

Comment

Exactly ...just be careful

Comment

You forget how tight they are when they are new

Comment

Originally posted by agonyway View Post
            thanks, the stomping worked...the thing is crazy tight though...guess i'll have to flip it over to stomp it closed and hope the legs don't get me!!!
            Thats how my 460 is. Crazy tight is good. I flip mine over grab two legs and stomp, it's a beautiful thing.

Comment

Yep..Then when it's time to pack up..A swift kick to the underside and chain the legs and done...unbelievable mine actually had the chain link for the legs when I bought it @ the flea market for $75 about 20 yrs. ago

Comment

The set screw on the tray is the ticket. Ridgid made it so you can adjust the tightness as the stand wears. Sometimes it is a little awkward to get it fixed correctly. If a parts lists helps you can get one here.
                http://www.tradetoolsupply.com/TradeToolLiterature

Let me know if you are still having problems and I will try out some of our 460's and see if we can get if figured out.

Comment

sorry for the late reply...i did get it....it was just tighter than i expected and being a fairly new tool i was hesitant to start wailing on it as a first resort...just took a little boot persuasion and it couldn't be better...thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X