X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trenchless sewer part 2

Part 2 as promised. 6 inch shared sewer with 4 four inch connections total. 6 inch HDPE pipe was pulled in the total length of the job then we went into our connection pits and cut the HDPE to tie the lines back in. What did I learn well.... the tie ins are not as easy as I thought because now the old concrete pipe is just pushed outward and you can't sawzall thru cement, so you have to dig all around the pipe and pull it out in pieces to make your cuts. Thre actual pull was fast, but the prep takes a while but this was way better than trenching 7 feet deep plus the homeowner did not want any harm to come to 2 special trees. Anyway here are some more pics.
    Attached Files
    Seattle Drain Service

Re: Trenchless sewer part 2

Left the trees in...lol, just call that repeat business. It may take 10-20 yrs but they will call you back eventually.

What was the total length of the job?

Comment

That pipe would have cut very nicely with a gas cut off saw with a diamond blade with some H2O. What was the total length of the pull. We have been looking at a Tric X30. What machine do you use and how has it been for reliability? How much cheaper is it to burst a job than to dig a job out? How busy do you keep that machine?
      WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE,
      ONLY BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Comment

Oh we have and use our 14" diamond ring saw lol but the cement around the pipe is in the way of the fernco going on so you have to dig it out, it's not that hard because it's broken but it is compressed outward making it hard to pull out. This is Trics first 30 ton unit befroe the x30 basically the same. And I just bought it last month. We got it because steep slopes,driveways things like that just seemed faster if we could pull the new pipe in. I have set up several jobs over the next few months and plan on using it a lot more.
        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Looks like a nice big "dog and pony show"

Comment

Working...
          X