Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 600 / 690

Both of these units use the same dies correct? 11-R
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Re: 600 / 690

That is correct, 11R dieheads

600- 1/8" - 1 1/4"

690- 1/8" - 2"

Comment

Thanks , just pick up a 690 (sweet deal) Now looking for a 600 for smaller jobs / tighter areas

Comment

Used the 690 for the first time last night .Had a plumber buddy over who never used one either..I have used the 600 though..We were quite impressed ..Found out that you can make 6" nipples if the need arises..I was threading without the support arm ..just 1/2" and 3/4" .. Didn't have anything bigger on hand Anybody out there that thread without the support arm up to 2" Really need a good oiler..Why are they so damn expensive

Comment

1.5'' is the max i can hold back with a tristand supporting the pipe.

with the support arm you can thread 2'' without the tristand

you can use an aerosol oiler can, but those get expensive in the long run.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            1.5'' is the max i can hold back with a tristand supporting the pipe.

with the support arm you can thread 2'' without the tristand

you can use an aerosol oiler can, but those get expensive in the long run.

rick.
            1 1/2" Damn..We had a piece of 1 1/4" but I pussed out ..I guarantee aerosol oil cans are expensive ..
            Ok ok , how in the hell do you thread 2" without a vise and just the support arm..Inquiring minds want to know

Comment

the arm has a vice type clamp on it and it keep the body of the tool from spinning so the die can cut threads, yes two of the pictures are for the 700 but the idea is the same
              Attached Files
              Last edited by BHD; 04-27-2011, 11:48 PM.
              Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
              attributed to Samuel Johnson
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Gotcha ..but it still has to be safer using a vise

Comment

(all I have used is the 700 type power threader that uses the 12-R dies or with an adapter the 111-R dies, I think there is an adapter for the 11-r dies as well, but do not have one)

I was under the impression the 11-R capacity was : 1/8" -1 1/4" hand unit and was similar to the 111-R in that the size of the die limited the capacity to 1 1/4". (do to ratchet size)

I am guessing that the 1 1/2" and 2" for the 690 are special die holders and that the normal 1/8 through 1 1/4" uses a an insert to space it out in the same way one uses the insert for the 111-R dies in the 700

I see a die head adapter as a parts list on the catalog sheet.
                  http://www.ridgid.com/ASSETS/A083C72...7_PDCat407.pdf
                  and on page 8 of the manual
                  http://www.ridgid.com/ASSETS/62A7D47..._Drive_Man.pdf

Is this correct?
                  Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                  attributed to Samuel Johnson
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post
                    (all I have used is the 700 type power threader that uses the 12-R dies or with an adapter the 111-R dies, I think there is an adapter for the 11-r dies as well, but do not have one)

I was under the impression the 11-R capacity was : 1/8" -1 1/4" hand unit and was similar to the 111-R in that the size of the die limited the capacity to 1 1/4". (do to ratchet size)

I am guessing that the 1 1/2" and 2" for the 690 are special die holders and that the normal 1/8 through 1 1/4" uses a an insert to space it out in the same way one uses the insert for the 111-R dies in the 700

I see a die head adapter as a parts list on the catalog sheet.
                    http://www.ridgid.com/ASSETS/A083C72...7_PDCat407.pdf
                    and on page 8 of the manual
                    http://www.ridgid.com/ASSETS/62A7D47..._Drive_Man.pdf

Is this correct?
                    Don't know about the 700

The 600 and 690 both use 11r die heads so I just learned
                    On the 690 the die head adapter needs to be removed to run the 1 1/2" and 2" dies ..took awhile to figure out how to pop it out

Comment

Working...
                    X