Name:	fdbb0a201feeda774e43cca22d223548.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	15244
    Click image for larger version

Name:	aa36daecb0b3ea0061454e647a7e69d8.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	15243 a customer gave me this a couple weeks ago toledo pipe threader from a mine that was opperational at the beggining of the 1900's put my ridgid number 15 next to it to give you an idea of its size it must weigh 60lbs easy.. im guessing it was an off of some sort of pto? or something any ideas?

Re: my latest old score

Looks like an early version of a Hogs Head conduit threader,used for 2in to 4in ridgid conduit. The rings are bushings for different size conduit [2in to 4 in] to be threaded. The square drive gear is for either a ratchet or porta pony to drive the head for threading. Nice gift.

Huck

Comment

That thing is huge! My first thought when I seen that was "boy, it would be great to have a tool like that at work back in them old days. What would really suck is when you went home and wanted to do something like that, and not have the tool to do it..."
      We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

All I know is the guys using that must have been stronger then average joe, the customer that gave it to me didnt tell me what he had "i got something for you the deal is you gota carry it" it was in a shed about a fivee minute walk with my hands in my pockets, from my truck. Probally fifteen with the toledo. The gears seem to be made of brass thou the extra dies are in real good shape id like to try and use it. i was thinking four inch pvc shedule eighty? I always try what i get, im up to about thirteen threaders i got a beautiful butterfeild two inch one to il post a picture its sweet. Also scored a butterfield tap and die set patent 1885 original box 60$ at a pawnshop. Thanks for looking seanny
        Last edited by seanny deep; 08-02-2011, 01:33 AM. Reason: im not so good at grammer

Comment

Working...
        X