ProPress not allowed in North Carolina without Permission

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ProPress not allowed in North Carolina without Permission

I would like to add a little something in the Mix. The difference between the New Hampshire local, and where Rick operates. My family had a farm there, [ N.H.], for many Years. Great place to live ,but very Rural, Many small hardware stores. There's No way You will see the supply outlets stocked like Rick has access to.No way the volume comes close on products,or tradesman. Also the New England attitude! Still working on adjusting Mine at 68! WE NEVER DID IT THAT WAY HERE!
    On Cape Cod We called them "CLAM HEADS" No insult to N.H. Master !
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Yea, Clam Heads, brings back memories of summers spent on the Vinyard before all the Clam Heads moved in.

Don't get me wrong, I can get Propress fittings, I just have to wait a couple of days. I asked for a price on a 3" t from the local supply house a couple days ago. The price was about what I expected and naturally, they didn't have one on the shelf. So Rick thinks I should stock some on my shelf. Here's the thing. If the supply houses are reluctant to stock them, I believe that it would be just plain stupid for me to stock them.

I'll bet that even Ironranger who uses his tool daily doesn't even have a 3" tee on the shelf, nor should he. That's a lot of money to tie up on an item that may sit there for a year or more. Rick has no problem tying thousands of dollars up in seldom used inventory, tools and accessories but all that stuff cost's money sitting there doing nothing. In fact any tool that costs over 500 dollars and gets sporadic use should be rented. Worse yet, those expensive, seldom used tools depreciate in real value over the years so the investment can never be returned.
      Last edited by NHMaster3015; 08-19-2011, 04:03 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

I talked to my friend that runs stainless pipe for ships today.......they weld it all. He said they looked into it but the warranty was only 2 years????? And the enginners laughed at them for asking about it.

whats up with the 2 year warranty??????? I thought it had 40+ year warranty on it.

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
          Yea, Clam Heads, brings back memories of summers spent on the Vinyard before all the Clam Heads moved in.

Don't get me wrong, I can get Propress fittings, I just have to wait a couple of days. I asked for a price on a 3" t from the local supply house a couple days ago. The price was about what I expected and naturally, they didn't have one on the shelf. So Rick thinks I should stock some on my shelf. Here's the thing. If the supply houses are reluctant to stock them, I believe that it would be just plain stupid for me to stock them.

I'll bet that even Ironranger who uses his tool daily doesn't even have a 3" tee on the shelf, nor should he. That's a lot of money to tie up on an item that may sit there for a year or more. Rick has no problem tying thousands of dollars up in seldom used inventory, tools and accessories but all that stuff cost's money sitting there doing nothing. In fact any tool that costs over 500 dollars and gets sporadic use should be rented. Worse yet, those expensive, seldom used tools depreciate in real value over the years so the investment can never be returned.

I only stock the fittings up to one inch. I currently don't have the larger tool but when I do get it I'll stock up to two inch. If I need the larger fittings they are available at both Ferguson and Goodin Co., both are very well stocked with ProPress up here.
          I do use my ProPress most every day. Just think of it like this. Do you use your torch most every day for service plumbing? The difference is I put away my torch and use the ProPress. Hope that makes sense.
          I have a job scheduled for Monday moving laundry facilities from a basement to an upstairs room, hot and cold water lines will be copper, all ProPressed. Tuesday I'm installing a new laundry sink and cutting out the old galvanized water lines replacing them with copper, all propressed. Wednesday I'm replacing a pair of 50 gal. electric Wh's, will be done with ProPress.

NHMaster you were talking about copper soon to be a thing of the past and I agree for new construction but there is enough copper out there to keep me working with the ProPress for service for as long as I live. Which I hope is still a long time yet God willing.

Comment

Working...
          X