Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rick Cheated on His ProPress

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
    Ditto! Marky Mark can do anything-he's the Moderator!
    Can he point his index fingers at each other in front of him, rotate one clockwise, and the other counterclockwise?

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
      Can he point his index fingers at each other in front of him, rotate one clockwise, and the other counterclockwise?

J.C.
      Only if he has tassels dangling from them. (Oh I'm gonna get in trouble for this one!)
      I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

yes, it's a combination of cat 5 and coax and phone.

all the utilities are right there including the 800 amp outdoor panel, 3'' gas main and phone and cable entrance. i think some of those wires were added for his outdoor bbq center.

solder is silverbrite and flux is water safe.

capping a vertical joint is pretty simple with the right heat.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Only if he has tassels dangling from them. (Oh I'm gonna get in trouble for this one!)
          I can't believe you told him about your tassels.

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            yes, it's a combination of cat 5 and coax and phone.

all the utilities are right there including the 800 amp outdoor panel, 3'' gas main and phone and cable entrance. i think some of those wires were added for his outdoor bbq center.

solder is silverbrite and flux is water safe.

capping a vertical joint is pretty simple with the right heat.

rick.
            Silverbrite? I have not encountered that brand. I use Bridgit or Lennox-Sterling.......and the dreaded Laco flux

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post

J.C.
              There's two that have tried. (Gear Junkie, BizzyBee) Any others? (I can do it by the way.)

J.C.

Comment

Kind of curious on the union you installed. with a copper install it seems kind of pointless, I only ever use them in pairs or when I have room to spread the line. Is that just one of those things you were taught, or am I missing something "very likely"
                No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by MoJourneyman View Post
                  Kind of curious on the union you installed. with a copper install it seems kind of pointless, I only ever use them in pairs or when I have room to spread the line. Is that just one of those things you were taught, or am I missing something "very likely"
                  i think you're missing something.

the 2'' riser is in concrete with no play. the regulator has a union, the distance between the 2x1 tee and 1'' 90 doesn't allow enough room for a slip coupling. so basically without play, how would you reconnect the 1'' and still slip in the fittings?

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

.... never mind I didnt read the whole thing

Comment

TASSELS !! That's a sign of " A LITTLE LITE IN THE LOAFERS ! "
                      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

for the price of a 1'' cxc union, i now have a way to remove the ball valve without cutting as there is now a union on the regulator and irrigation. steam was not an issue as the 3 ball valves shut off.

ps. no one got killed or injured while disconnecting the water service at the valve. and that's with a 800 amp electrical underground service.

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

actually, I just learned something, from that picture, and it's one of those things that reminds me that I'm still learning every day.

I use unions to make disassembly at a later point easier. So i'd have put on directly above the irrigation tee, then another on top of the 2" ball valve, if I were going to use them at all.

It never crossed my mind to use one to make it easier to put the thing together, I'd have gone the route more like themaster described, or cut significantly more material out and redone all of the risers.
                          No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Working...
                          X