X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rick Cheated on His ProPress

I heard a rumor Rick cheated on his ProPress today and used a 2"-sweat ball valve instead. I don't want to call him a Whore but that's what Joey called him.

Mark & Joey
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Re: Rick Cheated on His ProPress

Next thing we know he'll have a jet sweat kit on the truck again, we need to have an intervention.
    No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Sometimes it does a man good to go back to the old way here and there. I had to sweat 3" copper in a mechanical room of a 7 story building, lowest point, if press was allowed I would have done that.

It made me sweat a little bit
      Plumber Raleigh,Plumber Cary,Plumber Apex ,Plumber Apex, Plumber Morrisville,Plumber Durham, ,Plumber Holly Springs,Plumber Chapel Hill,Sump Pump Raleigh

Comment

I get the joke, and I also think it's hilarious how zealous Rick is when it comes to his particular tastes.

Comment

The truth is everyone has their own preference but each method has it advantages and disadvantages. One tool/method is not the answer to everything.

Mark

Comment

Where are the pictures? There are always pictures of the ProPress.....

J.C.

Comment

Oh good call JC. My theory? He's out of practice on soldering, that ball valve is coated in runs.

/stir the pot
              No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                Where are the pictures? There are always pictures of the ProPress.....

J.C.
                LOL - Actually what happened is he told me about this job earlier today. He also told me he was going to start a thread by the same name when he got home. Joey called to say he was going to post it so I should beat him to it. I was going to delete mine as soon as he posted his. Now instead they were late to go meet friends and he never posted. Oh well I guess the joke is now on Joey and I.

Mark & Joey

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                  LOL - Actually what happened is he told me about this job earlier today. He also told me he was going to start a thread by the same name when he got home. Joey called to say he was going to post it so I should beat him to it. I was going to delete mine as soon as he posted his. Now instead they were late to go meet friends and he never posted. Oh well I guess the joke is now on Joey and I.

Mark & Joey
                  You are not allowed to speak for Joey.

J.C.

Comment

I must admit,

I used PEX 3 days ago. The sins of time, they stain my mind. I feel...so much like a whore!

Been working with copper a lot lately, I'm so used to dealing with water that's it no problamo. However, a leaking MC tank had me sweating, literally tonight on a pump job in the country tonight... got R dun!
                    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR PLUMBING View Post
                      I must admit,

I used PEX 3 days ago. The sins of time, they stain my mind. I feel...so much like a whore!

Been working with copper a lot lately, I'm so used to dealing with water that's it no problamo. However, a leaking MC tank had me sweating, literally tonight on a pump job in the country tonight... got R dun!
                      The pressure we run into to work miracles at times.

I had a greenhouse water system go down today. Track it down to a capacitor. No supply house has them and/or are open. HVAC guy comes in and sees us troubleshooting, has a comparable capacitor, up and running.

Could have been alot of dead plants.

J.C.

Comment

J.C.
                        am too

Comment

telling mark my game plans is like sinking a ship

i do have photos of before and after

but i did come prepared as i loaded up 3 different full size propress guns. brought the fool proof 400 corded, the 320-e battery pack and the brand new still in the box 330-corded. not to mention the 100 that stays in the truck. so between them i was bringing in close to 8k in machines and jaws.

also brought with me a few fittings and a couple cxc ball valves along with a 2'' press valve. not bad for a single family home that has 2 full size bowling alleys

5 year old home and someone prior had removed the handle and vice gripped what was left of the stem. problem was the valve was positioned close to the ground and almost fitting to fitting along with an irrigation tee. fortunately the water meter had a newer style ball valve corporation stop that shuts 100%.

managed to loosen the regulator union and slip a 1/4'' poly ice maker hose into the line to drop the water level and un-sweat the valve from the riser. then un-sweat the top from the valve. clean up the copper and re-sweat the valve. rework the 1'' branch with a union and reconnect to the sprinkler tee.

yes, i could have pressed it in, but i would have still had to unsolder from the riser as there was not enough meat left for a coupling to fit and once un-soldered, i could have trimmed the copper and fit in the press valve, but the new cxc was an exact fit. plus the water was 100% off and was 6'' below my joint.

so i still have the 2'' press valve in stock with 2 more and a good 20- cxc 2'' valves.

this particular fix was pretty basic for me as water shut 100# and i had good access for my torch. not always true when i have to fix or replace copper.

i'll post photos as soon as i transfer them from my phone to my computer

don't worry, i can still sweat 6'' when needed.

rick.

old valve installed with missing handle chewed up stem.

valve still in partially closed position.

new shiney install.

sorry propress, i tried, hope you enjoyed the ride today up the coast.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 08-20-2011, 11:48 PM.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

am too
                            Communist, Flat-Rate, Union Organizer.

J.C.

Comment

J.C.
                              am too
                              Ditto! Marky Mark can do anything-he's the Moderator!
                              I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Working...
                              X