811A Die Head rehab

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 811A Die Head rehab

Any information on reconditioning one of these so it won't go out of adjustment without any loosening of the tightening bolt would be appreciated. Do these heads eventually wear out and need replacement?

Re: 811A Die Head rehab

In my experience, (I use an 811a almost daily) the die heads will last a very long time, but they do wear out. I have found that taking the die head apart and cleaning it on a regular basis seems to keep things running much smoother. Also, check the four Alan head screws on the backing plate to make sure they are secure. If those screws work loose, you will drive yourself nuts trying to keep your dies adjusted.
    Last edited by bml; 09-18-2011, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bml View Post
      In my experience, (I use an 811a almost daily) the die heads will last a very long time, but they do wear out. I have found that taking the die head apart and cleaning it on a regular basis seems to keep things running much smoother. Also, check the four Alan head screws on the backing plate to make sure they are secure. If those screws work loose, you will drive yourself nuts trying to keep your dies adjusted.
      Thanks. I'll give your suggestion a try.

Comment

They sell Die Head rebuild kits. These pretty much have all of the screws and levers you need.

Comment

Originally posted by Poundcake View Post
          They sell Die Head rebuild kits. These pretty much have all of the screws and levers you need.
          PC, have you done a rebuilt?

Comment

Haven't had to yet. I've talked to a lot of people about the kits though (disclaimer: I handle this product), they said it's pretty straight forward.
            I'm sure you'll figure it out with no problem. You should do a rebuild with pictures and/or video, I'll post it on my blog, or you could post it on here. I'm sure people would like to have a visual step-by-step.

Comment

Do you have a Ridgid part # for the kit?

Comment

My listing has them listed. RIDGID ® 811A 97065 DIE HEAD REBUILD KIT 300 / 535 . Bear in mind this link is not to genuine Ridgid parts, nor am I an authorized Ridgid dealer. Just providing the part #'s for your to make your own decision.

Comment

Working...
                X