Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: First Job Pics

Originally posted by Cleanmen2 View Post
    Hey Rick, sorry to be hassling you over and over but you are good you know. As recently stated I too am looking to join the Pressing Club. Was looking at a job on friday. 40 mm cu in riser shaft. has its challenges but the biggest issue is cutting the tube in place to convert to a press fitting. What worries me is getting a perfect cut similar to using a tube cutter but I dont have the room for a traditional ridgid cutter. Dont want to pull the pipe off the wall too much due to age and unknown grade of cu tube. Do you know of any close quarters cutters for 40cu tube. The mini ridgid cutter doesnt stretch that far obviously. The only other tool i could think of would be something we could uses similar to the nipple thread cutter which squares the end of 1/2" brass nipples. Havent seen one for cu but then as said befoer you guys are exposed to more innovative things than most of us. We benefit from all here in learning new and different ways of approach.
    Not quite sure if this would help you but I know that Wheeler Rex makes a close quarters tubing cutter that will cut up to 2" copper tube. You only need about an 1.25" of clearance all the way around the pipe. I think that it costs about $75 US.

Here's a link to the Wheeler Rex product page:
    Wheeler-Rex Catalog | Page 33

Comment

Rick, just pricing the job at present. If i get it I will try to get a series of photos together. like most here I am not one to jump too quickly into new processes when the traditional way has risks already encountered. We still use oxy & acet to weld but as the Lawyers line up behind us and the Insurance Companies get nervous with fire potential. So it is time to consider safer methods. I am not a pioneer but there are still lots here not converting so I finally may have an edge for a short time.

Comment

Swade, THANKYOU...........!!! As I say over and over it is the caring sharing attitude of you guys that allow our industry to prosper. I was searching for something like this knowing what I would like but couldnt find it. I will send them an email and try to work out how quick I can get one. Again thanks.

Comment

Look out guys, I am going to become a member real soon. Never thought I would sway from tradition but I must say there are numerous reasons for looking for alternatives.

Watch this space.

Comment

Rick, thanks for your ongoing support and help. Today I felt unbelievable. I suppose because i finally took the step and used the Viega system, which is basically the same as the pro-press I believe. So going away from what we have known years and having faith in new technology is a hard step to take. mind you I did like the fact that it took 16seconds to do four joins on 80 cu pipe. Nervous times charging the lines but all ok. On to the next one.

Comment

16 seconds for 4 joints on 3'' copper.

what took so long

post a photo so we can compare machines.

also they make pressing ring's for the tricky hard to access crimps.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

really into getting one one of these kits but 70% of my work is service and repair in residental and typically i dont have any hard times getting water to stop and whot not... i dont think the customer would be happy with me being even faster lol because 99% of customers relate a high bill with a long period of time even though we know that is not the case. i like the system and have used one on several occassions when i was with another company but, here my boss and co workers are so one track minded with soldering i mean **** i HAD to talk them into letting us use pex in certain situations.

Comment

Rick will try to upload photos on weekend. 4 seconds per press. Unbelievable. BTW thanks to the leads for rex tools. God damn you guys are spolit rotten over there. Only downside is they sent me to the distributer down here and they nailed me on cost. Small price to pay for good quality but

Comment

so does anyone in southern CA have one of these systems for sale....like the rp210B with jaws from 1/2-1 1/4 and batteries and charger? Im kinda guagin the price used versus new from fergusson

Comment

having 11 different press machines, i'm sure 1 of them is avaliable

my 210 is brand new. i still use my 100.

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                        having 11 different press machines, i'm sure 1 of them is avaliable

my 210 is brand new. i still use my 100.

rick.
                        would you be willing to part with it message me the info please

Comment

Working...
                        X