Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: This is a job for Pro Press

Originally posted by khoa007 View Post
    Wait a minute not so fast. You cant used propress in hospital, you cant even used propress in north carolina, you might want to check it out before you start buying propress.
    It is absolutely approved. And with all due respect to JC & Robert, I don't care how they do it in NC. Pro Press was used in two VA hospital renovations here in so. Fla. Viega Pro Press was also used in

the Pentagon. There has been 5 million linear ft. of piping installed in so. Fla. alone using this system with zero product failures. Any failures were due to improper installation. Admittedly, I used to be

skeptical of this system, but a little research has convinced me of the integrity of the product. Since the o-rings in the fittings aren't exposed to the contents of the piping, your concerns about it's failure

are not valid. It's the crimp that bonds fitting to pipe. If you think it's not approved for hospitals, where's the logic in using it for only 25% of the joints? We would not take on this job or even invest in

the tools if all the bases weren't covered and the homework wasn't done. Your assumption that this hospital is a multi-story facility is without merit. It's not, as if that matters.

Comment

i would comment on khoa007 post, but as we can see he is clueless and it's a waste of time to educate him.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Khoa007,

The fittings have a written 25 YEAR WARRANTY, this includes the O-RING!!!!!
        Enough said.

Comment

Does anyone know or have any data showing how long these o'rings will truly last?

If Viega is that confident in their product, why not give it a 50 year warranty?

I'm a supporter of Propress and Viega fittings even though I don't use this system yet. My question is, why does the o'ring issue keep coming up?

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
            My question is, why does the o'ring issue keep coming up?
            The reason it keeps coming up is because any plumber that has done work for any length of time has seen o'ring failures. O'rings make a lot of people nervous.

Comment

Is it smart business to take a gamble on an o ring? Sure viega warranty it for 25year but when you get a leak and damage thousand of dollar will they step up and pay or are they going to fight you and blame it on installer error? You should know how warranty company work? even ridgid life time warranty is a scam. How much is it going to cost you to pay for lawyer fee to fight them when they are big company and you are the little guy, they have lawyer on retainer already.
              I dont have a propress but would i buy one? why not lol
              since it is just a one story hospital it wont hurt to do all propress.
              viega only warranty 25year because they already did the r&d and they know the o ring will fail anywhere after the 25year, that is why they dont want to warranty pass 25y.
              I raise lot of good info for you guy to think about. It is up to you to run ur business.
              another thing solder joint leak very little water, but when propress joint fail it burst and blow lot of h20 this is why u want to solder.

Comment

Khoaoo7 i dont see your reason for not using Pro Press in a hospital ,you can have installer error with a solder joint also

if you never used ProPress then how can you know how it does not work ?

when was the last time you have seen a Pro Press fitting BLOW apart that was installed the right way

you said " the o ring will shink over time as the pressure of water push pipe when people turn on and off water in and out, little movement at time and soon the o ring will give way " dont you think the people at Viega took all of that into there product
                Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

There are a few hospitals in Los Angeles that have propress installed by me in them. The press tool got me those jobs because of the limited shut down required to do the work. Years after, no issues.

I am a huge fan of propress, I have done all the way from 1/2" to 4" and everything in between, even 21/2" no problems.

one day it will openly be approved here. my new home on the east coast!
                  Plumber Raleigh,Plumber Cary,Plumber Apex ,Plumber Apex, Plumber Morrisville,Plumber Durham, ,Plumber Holly Springs,Plumber Chapel Hill,Sump Pump Raleigh

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
                    Does anyone know or have any data showing how long these o'rings will truly last?

If Viega is that confident in their product, why not give it a 50 year warranty?

I'm a supporter of Propress and Viega fittings even though I don't use this system yet. My question is, why does the o'ring issue keep coming up?
                    Or better yet LIFETIME WARRANTY on fittings
                    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

According to the Viega rep. their system does have a 50 yr. warranty.

As for any failures that may occur, the fitting is removed, x-rayed, and

disassembled to determine the cause. The liability risk is a non-issue

as far as I am concerned. So far all failures have been contributed to

to installation errors. Either the pipe was not inserted far enough into

the fitting, or the the pipe end was not deburred thereby nicking the o-ring.

Once again, for all you anal compulsive, pin-headed calamity howlers:

The o-ring is not in contact with the pipe contents.

Comment

Working...
                      X