X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is a job for Pro Press

Landed the maintenance work for our local hospital and the first thing they want is to locate, exercise,

and replace all 214 isolation valves located in the drop ceiling. So far, we've found 37 that need to be

replaced ranging from 3/4" to 4". Soldering will be impossible for many, or at least not feasible, due to

water draw down, excessive dust, fire alarms, and a myriad of gas, data, communication, steam and

other lines in near proximity. Had the Ridgid rep. come and give a demo last week and it looks like we'll

be getting the BP 330-B kit, the XLC kit for 2 1/2" - 4", and the V1 and V2 kits. I'm gonna be busy.

Re: This is a job for Pro Press

Are you getting the small rings (1/2" - 2") too? Sounds like a good time. Post some pics of the spots where solder wouldn't work.

Comment

Getting the 330-B Kit with the standard ring set and If I understand correctly,

the V1 kit is the small rings for close quarters.

Comment

jim, you should have called me for the demo. i could have brought all 10 toys and 3 sets of rings. the v1, xl and xlc. along with valves and fittings.

all you need now are my freeze kits and they'll never know you were there.

good land.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Actually, it did cross my mind. I just didn't think you would want to travel that far.

Plus I don't think I could afford your fee, especially if I paid you off in milkshakes.
          Last edited by Big Jim; 10-04-2011, 12:07 PM.

Comment

I'm not a fortune teller, but I see money in your future. BIG MONEY!!!!!

Comment

We're just glad to have the work. The price of the Pro Press tools will be figured into the job

cost. It will rarely be used anywhere else. There just isn't much of a demand for it in our

market. In fact, if it weren't for this hospital we wouldn't even be considering the purchase.

Comment

see now, This Is a job where the propress shines. awesome contract.
                No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Good deal ! And factoring the tool into the job so it's paid for before you even start is WIN WIN !Man , I would love to land some of those .Good score.Send some pics of some completed valve change outs. Thanks
                  ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

There will definitely be pics as we are required to provide before and after photo

documentation. In the process now of getting prices from our suppliers for the

Pro Press system and the required fittings and valves. In the meantime one of the

ICU wings in being remodeled. We have already removed the 12 stainless steel swingaway

units, those combination w/c, lavatory behemoths. Repiped the supplies for regular

flushometer toilets. Will probably be setting those next week. Got the Viega rep. coming

this afternoon to show us his stuff.

Comment

Wait a minute not so fast. You cant used propress in hospital, you cant even used propress in north carolina, you might want to check it out before you start buying propress.

Comment

Originally posted by khoa007 View Post
                        Wait a minute not so fast. You cant used propress in hospital, you cant even used propress in north carolina, you might want to check it out before you start buying propress.
                        are you sure about not approved for use in hospitals

i know it's not approved for medical oxygen and medical gas. but i'm 99% sure for potable water it's approved there.

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Rick im not 100% sure , let say he buy 5k worth of propress and fitting and inpector say no or it leak after a few year since this is a hospital they cant have water shutdown.
                          is he going to take all that out and solder , if it were me i would not do propress, too much of a risk. Propress is ok for normal situation but hospital? I would not gamble on that.
                          What i do is just solder a few fitting that is non emergency and only propress 25% of the job only. Even if inpector say yes but after a few year the o ring could bust and leak remember this is 4 or maybe more level, water leak from top down all the way to bottem, it going to be big water damage and when that happen the fire department going to be call in and they will pull his license out. i havent heard of propress used in hopital in europe. One mistake could raise his insurance big time and could be out of business if he cant afford the high ins.

Comment

Another thing to think about when u used propress in condo or high rise building is if propress leak it blow out lot of water, when solder join leak it just a pin hole leak with less water. I would solder everything high rise building , if i were to solder and you used propress i m sure my solder joint would last longer then ur propress joint, the o ring will shink over time as the pressure of water push pipe when people turn on and off water in and out, little movement at time and soon the o ring will give way. Beside you got lot of fitting and all it take is one press that is not correct it will ruin you.
                            I would used propress at the bottem unit. You would sleep good at night and dont have to worry about propress bust.

Comment

Originally posted by khoa007 View Post
                              Rick im not 100% sure , let say he buy 5k worth of propress and fitting and inpector say no or it leak after a few year since this is a hospital they cant have water shutdown.
                              Suppose a pipe in the Hospital has a bad solder joint?

Comment

Working...
                              X