50 Year Warranty on Press Fittings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 50 Year Warranty on Press Fittings

Funny, I remember those days. And what was used was "State of the Art", at the time. But like me, we started wearing out, allowing the new guys in the trade today to make a living. Who knows what they'll be dealing with when they've put in 40 years. Saw a gadget that zaps dog poop into a sterile ash a couple of days ago. Could that be the future for us? Will we be recycling all of our water and waste in the privacy of our own homes? Will technology, put us out of business? The future is near. ProPress is our "State of the Art", today.

Comment

Originally posted by Watersurgeon View Post
      We have not sweated a valve in over five years since switching to Propress.
      So your saying no mapp or acytlyne,solder on any truck?

Comment

Skip the ProPress and just use Sharkbites.

-Sharkbites are cheaper and do just as good a job as a press fitting.
        -Sharkbites also have a 25 year Ironclad Warranty
        -Sharkbites do not require a $1000 tool
        -Sharkbites work on PB, the Propress does not
        -My Sharkbite job looks just as pretty as your Propress job in my rear view mirror
        -Sharkbite plans on introducing fittings all the way up to 3"

Why would anyone need anything else but a Sharkbite??

Comment

Okie bill your funny or a hack m hoping your just funny iv used sharkbites maybe a handful of times "against my better judgement" service call you dont have time for and a client that doesnt have money and there main shut off doesnt work and its a sunday so the city wont come turn the water off unless i call the foreman and thats pricey "plus i use a favor" but really anyone that actually has an assortment in there truck is not a plumber.. i gave 1/2 and 3/r sharkbits caps as xmas gifts to a few of the contractors i work with "in case" for renovations but to actually use them and consider them good is bs.. its not even legal to put them in walls here.. you can bury them underground thou.... Go figure seanny. Nice joke

Comment

Originally posted by seanny deep View Post
            Okie bill your funny or a hack m hoping your just funny iv used sharkbites maybe a handful of times "against my better judgement" service call you dont have time for and a client that doesnt have money and there main shut off doesnt work and its a sunday so the city wont come turn the water off unless i call the foreman and thats pricey "plus i use a favor" but really anyone that actually has an assortment in there truck is not a plumber.. i gave 1/2 and 3/r sharkbits caps as xmas gifts to a few of the contractors i work with "in case" for renovations but to actually use them and consider them good is bs.. its not even legal to put them in walls here.. you can bury them underground thou.... Go figure seanny. Nice joke
            , I too keep a set of "oh crap" sharkbites on the truck

Comment

Yep sorry ditto
              ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I keep a few sharkbites on the truck as well for emergencies, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Comment

I keep some sharkbites in my toolbox and the stupid plastic clips to take them off as well. I have goofed up a few pipes in my day with the Sawzall or nail gun. They work for me long enough for the plumber to come and fix my mistake in a few days when they redo everything anyways. I trust them more than the Quest fittings I have needed to buy for old mobile homes where I did floor repairs from the PB blowing up.
                  We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
                    Skip the ProPress and just use Sharkbites.

-Sharkbites are cheaper and do just as good a job as a press fitting.
                    -Sharkbites also have a 25 year Ironclad Warranty
                    -Sharkbites do not require a $1000 tool
                    -Sharkbites work on PB, the Propress does not
                    -My Sharkbite job looks just as pretty as your Propress job in my rear view mirror
                    -Sharkbite plans on introducing fittings all the way up to 3"

Why would anyone need anything else but a Sharkbite??

Hey Okie I wish the tool only cost $1k. Over here we are looking at $4.5k+++++

Comment

Originally posted by Cleanmen2 View Post
                      fly me out b4 christmas.

i could be the santa ridgid rick.

all you need is a 220 charger for the battery.

i should be able to part with 7 units and still keep me 3 deep in pressing.

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Cleanmen2 View Post
                        I believe the last time I priced one they were around $1600 USD actually, which puts it about par with AUS / NZ dollars right?

Comment

Great warranty if that impresses you! I dont do much pressing ( i worked on a job or 2 where we used it ) I personnaly dont own the equipment . On a 6 storey Kaiser Hospitol we used Victualic for 2 1/2 and above propress 2 inch and under I liked it for some of the work. Nothing wrong with it . But Im not impressed on all applications on some things its great. Im not throwing torch away. There is nothing wrong with soldering a ball valve and then going propress from there on . You got to price out labor and material see which is best for each senario. To go all propress and not do any coventional solder work I dont think is a good idea for most but just my 2 cents

Comment

Working...
                          X