X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 Year Warranty on Press Fittings

Talking with my Nibco Rep this afternoon, I learned that their warranty is Fifty Years- 50 years. Includes the O-Ring. Go figure.

The same as their other copper fittings.
    Valves have a 5 year warranty.

The Ridgid/Virax/Etc are compatible upto 2".
    2-1/2" - 4" require Nibco's own tool.

Re: 50 Year Warranty on Press Fittings

Thats amazing and shocking If busisness stays Good i think i know what Im asking santa for. Propress here i come.....i hope sooner then later.

Comment

5year on valve that is it! hell no i wont buy.

Comment

What's the warranty on any valve? Hmmmmmmmmm.

Comment

Nibco 5 years
          Viega 2 years
          Milwaukee 12 months
          Mueller 12 months
          Watts 12 months

Comment

So Khoa007, what valve(s) do you install that have a better warranty?

Comment

it is not the valve that im concern about all the valve are the same it is the oring of the propress valve, if i sweat a valve and u propress a valve i can guarantee u my sweat valve will last longer then ur press. 5 year is nothing. Even tho the sweat valve have 1 year we all know it will last for a long time, i rarely seen a ball valve leak. For the kind of money u put out to buy a press valve it not worth it.

Comment

Glad to see I am not the only one without a propress ..I guess this year instead of k60's , everybody will be asking santa for a pro press
                ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

there is no difference between a press fitting seal and a press valve seal. they are identical.

the problem is the valve. a ball valve not exercised on a regular basis will seize up especially with hard water.

the 5 year warranty is for the valve. the press fitting is not the issue.

now how many of you have overheated a sweat valve and ruined it? how many have over soldered a gate valve where it doesn't close as solder is in the gateway?

with a propress valve, there is no overheating or solder getting caught.

so the 5 year warranty is actually very good on a valve.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Khoa007,

If I had a nickle for every soldered fitting and valve I've replaced with ProPress over the past 10 years I'd be a wealthy man. Wait a minute, I charged a whole lot more than a nickle and I'm "comfortable". My customers are more than happy with the ProPress work, and knowing that long after I'm gone the product I furnished and installed has a 50 year warranty. Based on the fact that I started using ProPress 11 years ago, they only have 39 more years to go to make a claim. According to my rep, the ProPress and O'ring connection would be covered on the valve. As for the valve its really a non-issue. If its in the open position, its working. If its in the closed position, its working. Valves only fail when it won't open or close when you need it to, right?

I've never had a problem with the ProPress O'rings, and I'm only guessing, but me thinks you've had some really bad experiences with O'Rings. This is only a suggestion, if I were you I'd quit using those Sharkbite and John Guest or Watts push on fittings.

In closing, I'm happy that you don't believe the ProPress System is worth the money, either in tools or materials. because, it leaves the bigger more profitable work for those of us who do. As another matter of fact, I have yet to lose a big piping repair/replacement job to a conventional solder/braze contractor. All because we can do the job, cleaner, faster, and with less down time than our competitors who believe like you.

Comment

Honestly, I didn't even know ball valves had a warranty any more or less than fittings.

Ball valves are pretty solid, chances are you will never run into a warranty issue anyways, since your customer isn't going to ask, hey isn't that under warranty? They cost like maybe 10 bucks for crying out loud. Hell, I will give you one if you pay me to install it! 1/2 to 3/4 only,

not valid with any other offers, valid in the continental US only. Some additional charges may apply. Offer is only good until June of 2009

Comment

Ok , so how many propress guys mix n match / Meaning using sweat valves with propress fittings ??Personally I would use one or the other .I f I was going propress I would assume the valves are just as solid as the fittings.Orings are o rings. The press is the same .If it's gonna leak you 'll know it as soon as you turn on the water. I guess

Comment

"Ok , so how many propress guys mix n match"?

Probably all of us. It would depend on the application. A solder valve with 2 copper nipples and 2 PP couplings would be a lot less expensive than a PP valve, a nipple and a single coupling.

Comment

We have not sweated a valve in over five years since switching to Propress.

Comment

I know when I spend that much money on a tool , I use it as much as possible too.I would like to try a pro press one time .But after that I would probably be hooked.Isn't it amazing how the others before us survived without all these specialty tools. No sewer cameras , no cordless tools , no pex or cpvc, no press tools.I would have never made it as a plumber back in the day..Nope

Comment

Working...
                              X