Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

OOOHHH my jaw, does it look dislocated!?!?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OOOHHH my jaw, does it look dislocated!?!?

HAHA not what you were expecting!!

Was out on the job a couple of weeks ago putting a hydrostatic test on some underground pipe and was using my little 10" to tighten up the test connection, walked away and when I came back some sunny beach had lifted it, really pissed me off.

Went to grainger and bought another one to replace it, and a couple of days later noticed that the heel jaw was slid off to the side. This one got by the guys in the QC department, I'm not complaining mind ya, Have a boat load of ridgid pipe tools and they are by far the best and I have tried them all. Been through many wrenches and yes the jaws and springs will wear out (and yes you can sharpen the jaws with a good file), have never broke or bent a wrench handle, wore out many die sets and some other things but that is to be expected, they are wear items.

Anyway..........when this makes it back to the factory you will know who had it in their grimy little paws . Looks like somebody forgot to change out the cutter for the heel jaw slot.

Click image for larger version

Name:	fe2f24c1b82d744407405c77f52fbba1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	481.4 KB
ID:	15719

Name:	cfe772c51d076bb2556dc9f3fcf6aeca.jpg
Size:	424.4 KB
ID:	15717

Name:	b0b0f2a627bcbdb168f662f2e80b2d0f.jpg
Size:	475.0 KB
ID:	15718

Hey ridgid guys, what happens to the returned items, do they actually make it back to the factory or are they just tossed in the dumpster at the point of sale?

Seems like I need a Ridgid hat out of this deal,
    Last edited by G3sprinklers; 11-22-2011, 08:47 AM.

Re: OOOHHH my jaw, does it look dislocated!?!?

Originally posted by G3sprinklers View Post
    HAHA not what you were expecting!!

Was out on the job a couple of weeks ago putting a hydrostatic test on some underground pipe and was using my little 10" to tighten up the test connection, walked away and when I came back some sunny beach had lifted it, really pissed me off.

Went to grainger and bought another one to replace it, and a couple of days later noticed that the heel jaw was slid off to the side. This one got by the guys in the QC department, I'm not complaining mind ya, Have a boat load of ridgid pipe tools and they are by far the best and I have tried them all. Been through many wrenches and yes the jaws and springs will wear out (and yes you can sharpen the jaws with a good file), have never broke or bent a wrench handle, wore out many die sets and some other things but that is to be expected, they are wear items.

Anyway..........when this makes it back to the factory you will know who had it it there grimy little paws . Looks like somebody forgot to change out the cutter for the heel jaw slot.

Name:	fe2f24c1b82d744407405c77f52fbba1.jpg
Size:	481.4 KB
ID:	15719

Name:	cfe772c51d076bb2556dc9f3fcf6aeca.jpg
Size:	424.4 KB
ID:	15717

Name:	b0b0f2a627bcbdb168f662f2e80b2d0f.jpg
Size:	475.0 KB
ID:	15718

Hey ridgid guys, what happens to the returned items, do they actually make it back to the factory or are they just tossed in the dumpster at the point of sale?

Seems like I need a Ridgid hat out of this deal,
    PM me your address

Comment

i think that happened when we were at the last round up and Rick said i can make a wrench and i think he slipped it in the finish pile lol
      Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
      http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
      http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Well swapped the wrench out today for a new one.

HEY RIDGID GUYS, surely you could post if it ever makes it back up to the factory!! TIA

Comment

Not often I see a failed Ridgid pipe wrench. I've had two 24" wrenches for over twenty years, a 3rd 24 incher dates back into the late 90's, even with worn jaws they still work perfectly. I've got a steel 36" that will never wear out because a rarely use it.

David

Comment

G3sprinklers,

No doubt this wrench should have never left our factory. In this case, the pictures have already been posted on the wrench assembly line, and everyone has been made aware of what this does to our brand.
            We apologize for the inconvenience, and thanks for taking the time to share with us any quality issues.

Comment

Toolman,

That did nothing to tarnish the Ridgid brand of pipe tools in my mind. Like I posted before of all of the pipe tools I have or have used they are tops in my book!

Only thing that saddens me is not being able to to purchase aluminum wrenches at home depot anymore. As was posted in another post seems like HD just acts like Ridgid is the third line of offerings on the shelf. Around here they were the cheapest place to purchase them, even cheaper than the plumbing wholesalers, go figure!

Soooooooooooo.............about that hat for all of my troubles

Comment

Originally posted by G3sprinklers View Post
                Toolman,

That did nothing to tarnish the Ridgid brand of pipe tools in my mind. Like I posted before of all of the pipe tools I have or have used they are tops in my book!

Only thing that saddens me is not being able to to purchase aluminum wrenches at home depot anymore. As was posted in another post seems like HD just acts like Ridgid is the third line of offerings on the shelf. Around here they were the cheapest place to purchase them, even cheaper than the plumbing wholesalers, go figure!

Soooooooooooo.............about that hat for all of my troubles
                Here in Georgia, all the Home Depot stores quit carrying Ridgid wrenches. While I prefer to use our tool supplier, HD was convenient when I just wanted to run into the nearest one and grab a couple wrenches.

Comment

Working...
                X