Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: new mega press jaws for steel piping

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
    not sure how many reps on the west coast have the mega press jaws right now and what supply houses actually stock the fittings. the east coast was first in line and we west coasters get what's left. give it a little time for it to soak in here before you get head over heals and no supply chain.

rick.
    Not planning on jumping on the band wagon just yet. Got to get some close up info first. Plus, if I can educate the inspectors at the same time, all the better. The thought of giving up threading brings mixed feelings. Good riddance to the oil and shavings mess. But, like a lot of people on this forum, I learned to thread by hand with threaders that were old and warn in when I first touched them. When I was little (under 10), I used to love watching the threader spin around and around like a propeller when it was being unthreaded. Next best thing to playing with the lead pot.

Comment

Originally posted by btwlzyq
      Rick, Can you tell me.....
      How about Propress and fittings f electrical steel conduit?
      funny, I asked this as well. I'm not an electrician, but I would think it would be freaking slick for this purpose. Plus, you put an o-ring in there and then they are sealed up and water tight, well atleast until you get to the box...

Comment

i know they have propress style jaws for crimping the wires and shears for the wires. i was at a job out of state and the electrician was cutting all the big wires with the shears and a propress style gun.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Ridgid is offering a Free 18V Drill if you purchases a MegaPress

I just wanted to make sure you guys know about the promotion Ridgid is offering for the MegaPress. If you purchase a MegaPress kit Ridgid is running a promotion where they will send you a free 18V Ridgid drill. It says the promotion runs for sales invoiced from May 2012 - December of 2012.

Just wanted to make sure everyone knew about it, we just found out.

Link to our page with a link at the bottom for the Ridgid promotion form.

Comment

Working...
          X