• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bending Copper Pipe

Wyoming.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Jim View Post
      While it is artful, it seems kinda pricey for that equipment and a use of excess pipe when making the sweep,
      not to mention the extra time involved in getting the measurements spot on. I guess I just don't see the
      advantage over making neat, soldered joints.
      Or just use a Pro Press lol
      Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
      http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
      http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Originally posted by stokefire7 View Post
        Wyoming.

Wyoming. I have some fond memories of Wyoming. (Hunting fossils in the SW corner). Nice country!
        Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          bending hard copper with a torch to anneal it is not legal here.

rick.
          Rick, As you know we have different lettering for our Cu tubes. Out of interest whjy have they made it illegal to bend h/d tube with a torch. I am presuming this refers to slight offsets over larger area(sorry struggling to find words to use to describe the process I think you refer to).

Comment

Originally posted by EJW1 View Post
            Someday I will have one of these.

Why not just get the ridgid ratchet bender. Still best one I have used and owned

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
              bending hard copper with a torch to anneal it is not legal here.

rick.
              Is there anything legal in California?
              26+6=1

Comment

Tree huggers, hippies, PETA....
                AllurePlumbing.com
                • leak detection
                • drain cleaning
                • utility locating
                • conductor fault locating
                • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

Whew, that was close. I almost said something politically incorrect.

Comment

guys, it's part of the upc. it's not just california.

what blows my mind is all the plumbers here that don't follow the code. i found this out when talking about copper repairs with water in the system and it seems like nobody here is using the required water soluble flux.

there are times when you stretch the rules, but the code is the minimum standard for approval. wait until you work commercial construction with real inspectors who know plumbing and know the codes. then you'll see it's not just a california thing. sure we might have some of the strictest codes in the country, but remember we are 17% of the entire country when it comes to plumbing sales. when california specs a standard, the manufactures listens and the rest of the country will eventually follow.

codes are codes, you either follow them or you don't. telling me it's a california thing is ridiculous. it's a uniform plumbing code.

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Not meaning to be controversial guys but are there different standards for all of the different states or is there a Universal code throughout the whole of the States.

Down here we are trying to get a uniform standard up. However we have a small thing called egos which is getting in the way. Mind you in Victoria we are the highest in standard and the others are pissed they will have to learn more to survive. I am all for high standards for protection of the consumers as opposed to closed shop which is what is suggested when they want to dumb-down our trade.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleanmen2 View Post
                        Not meaning to be controversial guys but are there different standards for all of the different states or is there a Universal code throughout the whole of the States.

Down here we are trying to get a uniform standard up. However we have a small thing called egos which is getting in the way. Mind you in Victoria we are the highest in standard and the others are pissed they will have to learn more to survive. I am all for high standards for protection of the consumers as opposed to closed shop which is what is suggested when they want to dumb-down our trade.
                        For the most part it is uniform. Some states due to climate, lawyers, or forward thinking it differs slightly.
                        AllurePlumbing.com
                        • leak detection
                        • drain cleaning
                        • utility locating
                        • and other specialties.

Comment

The biggest thing is the selling of new code books every three years. There are so few real changes they could send the changes in the mail for less than $5 and still make money but instead sell the books for more than 10 times that amount. If they really wanted to be frugal and save on waste and overhead, they could put it up on their site for downloads. My state is roughly 3 years (one code change) behind ICC (International Code Council).
                          AllurePlumbing.com
                          • leak detection
                          • drain cleaning
                          • utility locating
                          • and other specialties.

Comment

[QUOTE=EJW1;376998]Is there anything legal in California? YES ILLIGALS !
                            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I actually bought two new ridgid benders today. A model 310 for doing recirculation loops, And a model 368 for bending linesets. So far I've used the 368 on an install, and the 310 for doing a bunch of test bends.
                              No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by Gettinit View Post
                                The biggest thing is the selling of new code books every three years. There are so few real changes they could send the changes in the mail for less than $5 and still make money but instead sell the books for more than 10 times that amount. If they really wanted to be frugal and save on waste and overhead, they could put it up on their site for downloads. My state is roughly 3 years (one code change) behind ICC (International Code Council).
                                And just think of all the people who would be out of work if they put the updates on the web as PDFs you could download for free or a reasobale fee. No, they could not have that, their existance would be threatened. They have a nice little kingdom and don't want anything to mess it up. The NFPA, ANSI, ASME, they're all in on it. NFPA is the worst with the NEC. You'd have a better chance of getting a copy of the Dead Sea Scrolls.
                                "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
                                John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Working...
                                X