X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid 700 Repair Questions

Hello Everyone I am rebuilding my 700 portapony and have some questions. The main question I have is-- How do I get the field out of the housing? I have taken the screws out but it still seems very tight in there. Also how to get the brush holders out. Does Ridgid have a repair manual for this threader?

Thanks Napsac9

Re: Ridgid 700 Repair Questions

see if this helps. http://www.ridgid.com/ASSETS/74E286A...arts%20512.pdf

the brush caps should just unscrew allowing the carbon brushes to jump out.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Tbhey should but dust and bits of the brushes get jammed up in the opening sometimes. Brake or carb cleaner sprayed in there should get that crap out and then the brushes will come out
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Napsac9 View Post
        Hello Everyone I am rebuilding my 700 portapony and have some questions. The main question I have is-- How do I get the field out of the housing? I have taken the screws out but it still seems very tight in there. Also how to get the brush holders out. Does Ridgid have a repair manual for this threader?

Thanks Napsac9

To get the brush holders out you will need to loosen the set screws that hold them in. Here is a link to our webpage which has the Ridgid 700 breakdown on it.
        Ridgid Parts Lists from Trade Tool
        or download it directly
        http://www.tradetoolsupply.com/_lite...ive_Parts_List

If you look at the second page the screws holding the brush holders in are item 13. Give us a call if you need any other breakdowns, or email us and we will be happy to help.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
        X