Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• like to buy a 1/8" steel pipe bender

Hi there,
    I'd like to buy a 1/8" steel pipe bender, (not tube).

Does anyone know of such a bender? pls.

The local plumbing store tell's me that there not available from Ridgid.

Maybe there is a different brand available?

Thanks in advance,

Martin

Re: like to buy a 1/8" steel pipe bender

depending on the bend radius how about just a bending spring like used on copper tubing.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks mate,
      There are no springs available for steel pipe. and steel pipe requires much more force to bend than copper. It needs to be bent at a uniform radius in a bender.

The only other option is lots of elbows and tape, then all the pieces between the elbows have to individually cut & threaded, which I'm trying to avoid. It would be so much easier to put several radius's into a section of pipe and just thread and connect it each end. It'll also look a whole lot better too.

The outside diameter of 1/8" steel pipe standard wall is 0.403" with a 0.068 wall, just over a 1/16".

Martin

Comment

You can use an electricians Pipe bending Hickey. They come in several sizes ,and are for thin wall metal conduit' I have 1/2" 3/4" 1" . for schedule 40 pipe You'd need Oxy Aceteline
        torch to heat [ back side of pipe. I have a hydraulic bender [ bottle jack ] With different Dia. shoes that does up to 3" Go to Harbor Frieght, they have smaller ones ,CHEAP !
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I would think one could just use a good tubing bender, maybe use a 1/2 tube bender on the 1/8" pipe, bent a lot of steel hydraulic tubing,

using a lever type bender, Lever Type Tube Benders - Google Search
          Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
          attributed to Samuel Johnson
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Thanks for the replies....
            I was thinking that 0.4" pipe in a 0.5" tube bender, with the 0.1" gap on the side wall, will collapse the side wall and partially kink the pipe.

Comment

Sorry, I wasn't paying attention. That's small pipe. Metal brake line bends beautifully. stop at auto parts store.
              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Check these guy's out. I have a buddy that makes bikes. He said they should be able to point you in the right direction if this model doesn't suit your needs. Most of the people I know do not bend pipe this small.
                AllurePlumbing.com
                • leak detection
                • drain cleaning
                • utility locating
                • conductor fault locating
                • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

If you want to buy this then first take suggestion from experts that which to buy because some low quality pipes are going to melted. so, it is better to buy some high quality pipe.
                  Heating And Plumbing Supplies

Comment

If you need the 1/8" steel pipe bender, you can contact us, we are a manufacturer.
                    seamless steel pipe

Comment

Working...
                    X