Proper Use of Hand Valves

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Proper Use of Hand Valves

You actually doing right, just always make sure that you keep those valves tight.
    plumbing repair in sydney

Comment

understand.Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts
      residential plumbing ns

Comment

Originally posted by Gettinit View Post
        I know, I was making a point that many manufacturers do not recommend this (your quote) but many, including myself use it in this manner. If you read my other posts I think you will understand what I am trying to say. It was kind of a knee jerk reaction that I typed it to show that I know what is written in text. I am not some idiot that is on here posing as a plumber and took a little offense to what was written by Cleanmen2. Everybody has their own opinion so I respect his stance on the original post.

The only thing I strongly disagree with from a service plumbing standpoint is the positioning of a gate valve but I do know what is written and how they would want them installed...if someone would actually buy i=one to install.
        Hey Gettinit I did in no way mean to offend you or ant other participant in this thread. I am sorry you have misinterpretted tmy post. i think that we have all been taught different things for many and varied reasons . Go outside the square for just one moment - maybe there is no perfect valve. Unfortunately we need valves for many reasons in our modern society. I read Rick's view on copper tube systems, as correct as Rick is he like all of us can not stop or understand how even these systems sometimes fail. Not often but the potential is there.
        As a footnote to all who care to read and see another perspective we are lucky that this forum is here to discuss. I bet there are many who, like me, spent our apprenticeships asking questions of our seniors/instructors/masters and so on. We didnt have what we have here. Maybe someone would write a book on a subject, every ten or so years. The greatest thing about this discussion forum is that we all have opinions and similar but differing ideas. I believe that I have only got upset once here over a SAFETY matter which was probably not handled by me well as too with some others. I try in ever post to respect the other participants. I am not PERFECT and I am not always right. Like all here I do things the way I believe to be the best way possible to look after my clients. I love reading and learning and if I can contribute and help I try my best to do so.

An old wise man once told me to never judge a book by its cover........................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cleanmen2 View Post
          Hey Gettinit I did in no way mean to offend you or ant other participant in this thread. I am sorry you have misinterpretted tmy post. i think that we have all been taught different things for many and varied reasons . Go outside the square for just one moment - maybe there is no perfect valve. Unfortunately we need valves for many reasons in our modern society. I read Rick's view on copper tube systems, as correct as Rick is he like all of us can not stop or understand how even these systems sometimes fail. Not often but the potential is there.
          As a footnote to all who care to read and see another perspective we are lucky that this forum is here to discuss. I bet there are many who, like me, spent our apprenticeships asking questions of our seniors/instructors/masters and so on. We didnt have what we have here. Maybe someone would write a book on a subject, every ten or so years. The greatest thing about this discussion forum is that we all have opinions and similar but differing ideas. I believe that I have only got upset once here over a SAFETY matter which was probably not handled by me well as too with some others. I try in ever post to respect the other participants. I am not PERFECT and I am not always right. Like all here I do things the way I believe to be the best way possible to look after my clients. I love reading and learning and if I can contribute and help I try my best to do so.

An old wise man once told me to never judge a book by its cover........................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Thanks but there is no reason to apologize. I respect everyones opinions and reasonings and acknowledge that I do not know everything. I was having a bad day then and I am sorry as well.
          AllurePlumbing.com
          • leak detection
          • drain cleaning
          • utility locating
          • conductor fault locating
          • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

I am a convert.
            Gettinit was right all along. Last week an employee of mine was working on a steam return line in an apartment building when for no reason at all, the gate on a gate valve on the domestic cold water main dropped. 4" from the foundation wall, not enough room to freeze. No visible curb valve. Had to call the water main company to dig up the street and close the corporation stop. If the valve handle was pointing down, the gate would have dropped in the open position, and in the words of vintage Woody Woodpecker cartoons "THIS WOULD NEVER HAVE HAPPENED"...

Comment

Originally posted by NYC LMP View Post
              I am a convert.
              Gettinit was right all along. Last week an employee of mine was working on a steam return line in an apartment building when for no reason at all, the gate on a gate valve on the domestic cold water main dropped. 4" from the foundation wall, not enough room to freeze. No visible curb valve. Had to call the water main company to dig up the street and close the corporation stop. If the valve handle was pointing down, the gate would have dropped in the open position, and in the words of vintage Woody Woodpecker cartoons "THIS WOULD NEVER HAVE HAPPENED"...
              AllurePlumbing.com
              • leak detection
              • drain cleaning
              • utility locating
              • and other specialties.

Comment

Where is that from?

Comment

Originally posted by NYC LMP View Post
                  Where is that from?
                  Its in Greenvile NC. I haven't actually been there, just heard about it and thought it was funny.
                  AllurePlumbing.com
                  • leak detection
                  • drain cleaning
                  • utility locating
                  • and other specialties.

Comment

Working...
                  X