ProPress ball valves etc.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ProPress ball valves etc.

Recently started comparing prices for ProPress ball valves and fittings. Had to pick up a half dozen 1" ball valves at Ferguson the other day. I don't usually get them there and was shocked when I was quoted 39 bucks each? They carry the FNW brand. My usual supplier carries the Apollo brand for around 18 bucks for 1". When comparing the two valves side by side I don't see a difference. I get the Apollo 3/4" press ball valve for about 15 bucks.

Also found out today (I'm slow) that Apollo is selling the ApolloXPress propress fittings and ball valves now. I was in our local Menards store (big box store) and saw the press fittings and ball valves on the shelves. A little higher priced than my usual supplier. I went to the Apollo site are read that the ApolloXPress press fittings and valves are going to be marketed to the big box type stores and prices should come down a lot. I held the fittings in my hand today and they seem just as heavy and quality as the Viega.

Any opinions?

Re: ProPress ball valves etc.

Call Fergusons back and ask them to fix the pricing...if they don't bring them back. Sometimes if you don't buy a particular item they will almost give you a homeowners price because they don't pay attention.
    AllurePlumbing.com
    • leak detection
    • drain cleaning
    • utility locating
    • conductor fault locating
    • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

It was an emergency call and I had to use them that day. I did ask about it and they did give me a few bucks off but not even close to enough. Funny though it seems that some of their items are extremely high and others are competitive. I put in a call to my rep and he called me back saying that's the best he can do on the FNW but if I wanted to special order the Apollo they could do that for the better price. The valves seem exactly the same to me and I really can't tell the difference.
      I have an idea, how about they stock the better priced Apollo's instead. Maybe they would sell more? Big difference from 18 to 39 for the same thing. DOH!!!!

Comment

Isn't FNW their brand? How can they not do better?
        AllurePlumbing.com
        • leak detection
        • drain cleaning
        • utility locating
        • and other specialties.

Comment

wait till you see the price on lead free press valves.

try $44.00 in quantities of 50 pieces.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            wait till you see the price on lead free press valves.

try $44.00 in quantities of 50 pieces.

rick.
            Nah Rick not even close. Maybe in California!

I just logged in to my Ferguson account and I guess since I pitched a ***** about the prices it looks like they lowered them some. Anyway the new lead compliant ball valves by FNW model number X430 in 3/4" are showing a price of $24.94 each on my account, less in greater quantities. We don't have to buy them yet here and I'm still getting the 3/4" press ball valves for 15 dollars right now. I have no idea when we'll have to go lead compliant, do you?

Comment

Also the Apollo valves which I like better and better priced have also come out with lead compliant valves. The regular valve that we're buying now is the Apollo 77W, the new lead law ones are the 77WLF and looks like they're priced about 10 dollars more. Hopefully when all valves are required to be low lead the price will come down. Right?

Comment

i believe within 2 years the rest of the country will follow our lead standards. of course vermont jumped in with us, but california was absorbing the real cost associated with the industry change over.

wait till you see the price change on the ultra lo nox fvir water heaters. rheem doesn't even have any of the 75 lo nox heaters left in stock and they haven't made the ultra lo nox 75's yet. bradford and american are selling what's left in inventory. when they're gone, they're gone. i was told approx $300.00 more bringing them into the $900.00 range.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Gettinit View Post
                  Isn't FNW their brand? How can they not do better?
                  When I held them side by side they look like the exact same valve. I bet Apollo makes them and then they want to charge more? Do they want to lose customers? They really do need to get a little more competitive with their pricing. Now that big box stores are carrying Propress the game has changed.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                    i believe within 2 years the rest of the country will follow our lead standards. of course vermont jumped in with us, but california was absorbing the real cost associated with the industry change over.

wait till you see the price change on the ultra lo nox fvir water heaters. rheem doesn't even have any of the 75 lo nox heaters left in stock and they haven't made the ultra lo nox 75's yet. bradford and american are selling what's left in inventory. when they're gone, they're gone. i was told approx $300.00 more bringing them into the $900.00 range.

rick.

Those water heaters aren't required here and I hope they never come. I remember slamming water heaters (gas) installed for $299.00! Those days ares long gone. 900 for a water heater? Oh my, customers won't be happy.

Comment

Bring lo nox on...I am the only plumber that I know of that can do a combustion test on them. I don't even know but one HVAC company that does. Of course the real boiler companies do but they will not mess with the small fries.
                      AllurePlumbing.com
                      • leak detection
                      • drain cleaning
                      • utility locating
                      • and other specialties.

Comment

No lead Propress, I do not like Propress to begin with but does it worry you that the metal will be more brittle?
                        AllurePlumbing.com
                        • leak detection
                        • drain cleaning
                        • utility locating
                        • and other specialties.

Comment

I don't keep pro press valves just f.i.p.t. Ball valves and pro press male adaptors . We have to deal with the low lead crap here in Maryland I really just think it is a way for valve company's to charge more. How come all the lead free faucets I buy are not doubled in price like any valve ? Also f.i.p.t. Ball valves can be ordered with bleeds and you can change piping material with diffrent male adaptors I do this all the time with copper to pex. That's my 2cents

Comment

Working...
                          X