Clear All

Re: Milwaukee PRESS GUN

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
    Click image for larger version

Name:	7fa9a096f9d16152610e7b9333178e33.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	482.3 KB
ID:	16578

My Fergusons has them on sale 1,800.00 for the 12volt and 3,100.00 for the 18volt

Free Milwaukee cutter included
    Sounds like they might be going with "gillette marketing", i.e. sell the mach3 razors cheap but sell the replacement blades for alot.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
      Bob...why do you like the stick type better then the gun style? Are you still using your original nibco and how is it holding up?
      I use the Rothenberger Ropress Compact when needed (or maybe out of laziness) and it has held up fine.

Look at the size & weight between a stick type and gun type. The areas you can extend your arm into. No way I would rather use any of the guns.

Ridgid should come out with their version of the stick type/straight press tool. I think most are done in some form of re-branding anyway.

Comment

I agree, so many times a gun type would not have worked for me. Especially up in a high joist etc. I started with the compact Rothenberger for my first propress tool and then bought the larger ACECO and sold the compact. Bad decision on my part. I really like the larger one and it's still an inline tool but the little compact was so nice and light and powerful too. I'm getting one of the new Rothenberger compacts soon. It's on my wish list.

Originally posted by BobsPlumbing View Post
        I use the Rothenberger Ropress Compact when needed (or maybe out of laziness) and it has held up fine.

Look at the size & weight between a stick type and gun type. The areas you can extend your arm into. No way I would rather use any of the guns.

Ridgid should come out with their version of the stick type/straight press tool. I think most are done in some form of re-branding anyway.

Comment

So my rep at the wholesaler says they sell viega press fittings and the ridgid propress is the only approved tool for veigas warrenty. Just read the email I call bs. As anyone else been told this?

Comment

Originally posted by seanny deep View Post
            So my rep at the wholesaler says they sell viega press fittings and the ridgid propress is the only approved tool for veigas warrenty. Just read the email I call bs. As anyone else been told this?
            Well I haven't read the warranty terms in a while. Anything that comes from any wholesaler or distributor has zero authority in relation to warranty. Only the manufacturer governs the terms. So unless they've copied & pasted the warranty from Viega saying a Ridgid tool must be used, then it means nothing. Just someone's opinion.

And without reading the warranty or the email they've sent you, it sure seems like a B.S. opinion. Think about it. How could you prove that a ProPress tool wasn't used?

Comment

Just went through Viega's warranty and installation manual in relation to their ProPress fitting system. I have found nothing in either that states any requirement for a specific press tool to be used for installation and/or warranty.

Comment

I worked for a company they did a large pulp mill all victolic fittings they had a bunch of leaks they phoned wholesaler . In turn wholesaler phoned victolic they sent a rep his findings were that they used a ridgid roller not victolic brand so it voided warrenty. Wholesaler no longer carries victolic fittings do to this. Just don't want something like that to come back and bite me guess I better contact veiga.

Comment

Yep. Contact Viega. But remember, what anyone tells you doesn't mean a damm thing. It's only what is in writing.

The written warranty does not say a specific tool. Only that things must be installed within the installation guidelines. I figured that may be a gray area and there might be something in the installation manual that's easy to overlook. So, I go to the installation guidelines to see if there is a requirement there for a specific tool to be used. There is not. There is a recommendation of Ridgid Press Tools on page 8, but again, not a requirement.

I would ask Viega what is specifically approved to be used with their fittings for any warranty. IN WRITING with a persons name to trace it back too. What someone says on the phone means nothing when push comes to shove.

Regarding Victaulic and warranties in general: Almost everyone tries to get out of a warranty for any reason that can be thought up. If a Victaulic roller had been used and things leaked it probably would have been something like "The Victaulic Roller had not been properly maintained & was out of tolerance range, so no warranty applies...."

Warranties for the most part are just a sales tool.

Comment

at the early days of pressing there was talk and requirements that every brand of fitting needed a specific brand of jaws/ tools. i even made a bunch of phone calls to challenge it.

there is an identifying mark on the jaws that get transfered to the crimp that is easy to id if you know what to look for.

as far as i know, all fittings and jaws/ tools are interchangeable at this point. they all have to meet a certain spec that makes them interchangeable.

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                      at the early days of pressing there was talk and requirements that every brand of fitting needed a specific brand of jaws/ tools. i even made a bunch of phone calls to challenge it.

there is an identifying mark on the jaws that get transfered to the crimp that is easy o id if you know what to look for.

as far as i know, all fittings and jaws/ tools are interchangeable at this point. they all have to meet a certain spec that makes them interchangeable.

rick.
                      Could you please take a picture of this and post it here?

Thanks.

Comment

look closely on a set of jaws and there is a little nick cut into the side of the jaw. it gets transfered to the crimp. sort of a poor mans ballistic test.

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                          look closely on a set of jaws and there is a little nick cut into the side of the jaw. it gets transfered to the crimp. sort of a poor mans ballistic test.

rick.
                          Thanks. I have Rothenberger jaws so there's no defect in them.

Comment

Just for the record, I contacted Milwaukee on their Facebook page. I posted a link to the Grainger site stating their press tool is made in China. The Milwaukee rep wrote back saying the tool is made in Germany and he would contact Grainger about correcting this.

Comment

Wouldn't be surprised if it's made by the same people as Rothenberger. Just tweaked a little here and there.

Comment

What? Nobody seen the new Ridgid stick gun, 200B?

Comment

Working...
                                X