Milwaukee PRESS GUN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Milwaukee PRESS GUN

why do you think i beat ben in the copper cutting contest. man vrs machine. ben had the milwaukee electric cutter and i had a manual #15 ridgid cutter.

contest was 3/4'' copper. most cuts before the battery dies or i drop

i beat him by a few when the battery died. around 110 cuts or so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZiitBIftoc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ncON...feature=relmfu

rick.
    Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 09-20-2012, 12:05 PM.
    phoebe it is

Comment

haha, rematch anytime, anywhere.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I think you miss the point Rick. You may have won by a few cuts but the electric cutter actually is the winner all the way around. 110 cuts and all ya got to do is throw in another battery and you're good for another 110 cuts without breaking a sweat. I would much rather use the electric cutter all day long and not feel the pain in my wrists, hands, and arms at the end of the day. I may have had some problems with mine but I would buy another. When they're working they work great. I just hope they get the bugs removed, redesign the springs etc.
        I had to include that I just watched the video again and now I remember. Sorry Gearjunkie but you're sort of an amateur with the electric cutter. You're holding it upside down and you don't look very comfortable with it, as if it was your first time using it. I guarantee you I could do twice as many cuts with it and I would have beat Rick 2 to 1. No chit.
        In fact I'll beat you 4 to 1 and use two electric cutters at the same time in opposite directions. I bet you can't use two hand cutters at the same time, wanna try?

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        why do you think i beat ben in the copper cutting contest. man vrs machine. ben had the milwaukee electric cutter and i had a manual #15 ridgid cutter.

contest was 3/4'' copper. most cuts before the battery dies or i drop

i beat him by a few when the battery died. around 110 cuts or so.

RIDGID 15 Tubing Cutter vs. Milwaukee M12 Copper Cutter (Part 1) - YouTube

RIDGID 15 Tubing Cutter vs. Milwaukee M12 Copper Cutter (part 2) - YouTube

rick.
        Last edited by ironranger; 09-20-2012, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ironranger View Post
          Sorry but I'm not very impressed with the Milwaukee. I've also had many problems in the past with Milwaukee tools. I had the compact sawzall and it was horrible. I ended up slamming it on the garage floor about 10 times before I threw it into the dumpster. I have the copper cutter and really like it. Problem is it's always breaking down. I've sent it back once already to be repaired and a couple months later now it's doing the same thing, takes forever to cut. Plus it won't cut type L, well maybe if you want to wait forever. The springs which put tension on the pipe either break or wear out very quickly. No thanks, my next compact press tool won't be a Milwaukee. From my experience the Milwaukee tools are cheaply made and don't last.

I believe you are a rep for Milwaukee and if that's the case then prove me wrong. Send a demo on over and I'll use it for a month and give it an honest review. Send me an email if you're interested.

I own tools in the Milwaukee M18 and M12 series. 1 of these press tools would be great for me as I already have plenty of batteries and a very good relationship with my Milwaukee distributor Recco Tool (local tool shop). I have never had a quality problem with any of my milwaukee tools and I own a LOT of them. Milwaukee is the only brand of tool on my truck (aside from Ridgid CT-400 I bought used and my Ridgid drain cleaning machines). I'm a huge fan of Milwaukee and I am very excited to see these tools come out.

-chris

Comment

BTW, I have the milwaukee tubing cutter and I use it every day to cut L copper with no problem. takes about 4-5 seconds and saves my hands from a lot of repetitive motion (I have had carpal tunnel issues in the past).

Comment

I think you miss the point Rick. You may have won by a few cuts but the electric cutter actually is the winner all the way around. 110 cuts and all ya got to do is throw in another battery and you're good for another 110 cuts without breaking a sweat. I would much rather use the electric cutter all day long and not feel the pain in my wrists, hands, and arms at the end of the day. I may have had some problems with mine but I would buy another. When they're working they work great. I just hope they get the bugs removed, redesign the springs etc.
              I had to include that I just watched the video again and now I remember. Sorry Gearjunkie but you're sort of an amateur with the electric cutter. You're holding it upside down and you don't look very comfortable with it, as if it was your first time using it. I guarantee you I could do twice as many cuts with it and I would have beat Rick 2 to 1. No chit.
              In fact I'll beat you 4 to 1 and use two electric cutters at the same time in opposite directions. I bet you can't use two hand cutters at the same time, wanna try?
              No offense taken, it was my first time using it and you can see how close I came to beating someone who had plenty of experience on me. BTW, Rick called me crying eveyday for 3 weeks later saying how sore his hands were. hahahaha
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

not exactly. it was more like when are you taking me fishing to hold up your end of the deal

it wasn't that my hands were sore. it was the blisters i got by gripping the pipe. had the wrong set of gloves on that i ended up taking off.

now if it was a more realistic contest like a dozen consecutive cuts, it would have been a blow out.

so when we playing hooky and going fishing

rick.
                Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 09-23-2012, 10:29 PM.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Been telling you to come up here anytime.
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
                    I own tools in the Milwaukee M18 and M12 series. 1 of these press tools would be great for me as I already have plenty of batteries and a very good relationship with my Milwaukee distributor Recco Tool (local tool shop). I have never had a quality problem with any of my milwaukee tools and I own a LOT of them. Milwaukee is the only brand of tool on my truck (aside from Ridgid CT-400 I bought used and my Ridgid drain cleaning machines). I'm a huge fan of Milwaukee and I am very excited to see these tools come out.

-chris
                    I have a set of Milwaukee V28 tools that I am not impressed with in the slightest. I do not care what any of the website tests say about how they are vs. a, b, or c. or even torque & saw cut ratings. I own them, use them, and know what they will and won't do.

My 18V Bosch NiCd set was equal too or better than these. And they were "old" battery technology with a LOWER voltage rating. (Can't remember the A/hr. between the two.)

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna' Craigslist the Milwaukee set and get something that performs better & probably costs less.

Comment

I figured it was the first time so I don't think it was really a very good match up. Rick has experience with the hand cutters. Let someone who has used the electric cutter go head to head, no match.

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                      No offense taken, it was my first time using it and you can see how close I came to beating someone who had plenty of experience on me. BTW, Rick called me crying eveyday for 3 weeks later saying how sore his hands were. hahahaha

Comment

BTW, I have the milwaukee tubing cutter and I use it every day to cut L copper with no problem. takes about 4-5 seconds and saves my hands from a lot of repetitive motion (I have had carpal tunnel issues in the past).
                        I'm almost to the point where I'm not going to even charge the batteries again and I'm not going to keep sending it in for repairs. When they work correctly they're great tools but that's the problem. They wear our fast and just like the mini sawzall I'm sure the cutter will be heading for the dumpster soon. There is no way I'll take that chance with their press tool.

Comment

I'm almost to the point where I'm not going to even charge the batteries again and I'm not going to keep sending it in for repairs. When they work correctly they're great tools but that's the problem. They wear our fast and just like the mini sawzall I'm sure the cutter will be heading for the dumpster soon. There is no way I'll take that chance with their press tool.
                          I've never had to send my tubing cutter in for repair. I use it every day on mostly 1/2" and 3/4" type-L copper for almost 2 years. Only had to change the cutter wheel once. My hackzall has been in once, but that was my fault (motherboard got wet while when I got cut some old galvy pipe out that still had some water in it). The hackzall with the bigger XC battery is in my tool bag at ALL times. The XC batteries make a HUGE difference in the performance of the M12 and M18 tools.

I'd be willing to place a small wager that Rothenberger makes at least some of the components of the Milwaukee press guns (the jaws sure do look familiar). If I find an M12 press tool at the right price, I'll probably buy it.

Comment

Well, after all my ranting about the new Milwaukee press tool I actually got to see one yesterday and now have to say I'm some what impressed.
                            It's so light and smaller compared to the others, I believe under four pounds and feels good in my hand. And yes I was wrong about the jaws, it just takes your thumb to open them, wow.
                            If you buy one by Oct.31 you get a free Milwaukee tubing cutter and free M12 battery. Since my tubing cutter has seen it's last days I'm seriously thinking about it.
                            I'm trying to find the kit with jaws for less than 1700 though, anyone know where I can get one for less?

I've never had to send my tubing cutter in for repair. I use it every day on mostly 1/2" and 3/4" type-L copper for almost 2 years. Only had to change the cutter wheel once. My hackzall has been in once, but that was my fault (motherboard got wet while when I got cut some old galvy pipe out that still had some water in it). The hackzall with the bigger XC battery is in my tool bag at ALL times. The XC batteries make a HUGE difference in the performance of the M12 and M18 tools.

I'd be willing to place a small wager that Rothenberger makes at least some of the components of the Milwaukee press guns (the jaws sure do look familiar). If I find an M12 press tool at the right price, I'll probably buy it.

Comment

Well, after all my ranting about the new Milwaukee press tool I actually got to see one yesterday and now have to say I'm some what impressed.
                              It's so light and smaller compared to the others, I believe under four pounds and feels good in my hand. And yes I was wrong about the jaws, it just takes your thumb to open them, wow.
                              If you buy one by Oct.31 you get a free Milwaukee tubing cutter and free M12 battery. Since my tubing cutter has seen it's last days I'm seriously thinking about it.
                              I'm trying to find the kit with jaws for less than 1700 though, anyone know where I can get one for less?

Where did you get to see it? Ferguson?
                              There's 1 on ebay, but I'm not sure if they are an authorized Milwaukee dealer, so you might not get the tubing cutter.

Milwaukee M12 Lithium-Ion Force Logic Press Tool Kit 2473-22 NEW | eBay

BTW, I finally killed my M12 hackzall yesterday trying to cut out a piece of 2" galvy on a K/S vent in the wall behind the cabinet with a crappy lennox blade. After almost 3 years it's finally crapping out. Good thing I bought a spare from HD last year with a coupon.

Comment

I bought the M12 setup. (Haven't sent in for the tubing cutter yet). I like it. It fits in much smaller places than my Ridgid 300B. Although I do believe the Ridgid is, almost without a doubt, a better built machine. For now the Ridgid 300B is sitting in my garage. I'll save that for the big stuff.
                                Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Working...
                                X