Milwaukee PRESS GUN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Milwaukee PRESS GUN

Yea Ferguson has them for sale and they also have the form to send in for the cutter. You can also get the form online. Geno let us know how it's holding up after a while. I really want one but am still a little torn between that one and the compact Rothenberger. The Roth only comes with one battery and no free cutter. hmmm

Comment

Originally posted by ironranger View Post
      Yea Ferguson has them for sale and they also have the form to send in for the cutter. You can also get the form online. Geno let us know how it's holding up after a while. I really want one but am still a little torn between that one and the compact Rothenberger. The Roth only comes with one battery and no free cutter. hmmm
      Milwaukee M12 batteries are available at any Home Depot....Rothy, not so much. It took me 2.5 months to get parts for my R750 drain machine last time. I'm sure batteries are easy to get, but not as easy as Milwaukee

My local Fergy does not have the Milwaukee press guns in stock yet. I am hoping to see them soon though.

Comment

Heard it through the grapevine that the Milwaukee M18 press tools were having problems in production work. Apparently they overheat after about a 1/2 hour of continuous use. Thermal overload reset kicks in. You have to let them cool off for a while.

I'm now on the fence between the RP 200 B and the Milwaukee M12. The M12 is just so dang small and light. I work in a lot of older homes where I need to be able to get into very tight spaces.

Comment

I'm so glad I got the M12 tool. I really do chuckle to myself each time I use it, it's so small and light and does a great job. I do mostly service work, it's perfect.

Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
          Heard it through the grapevine that the Milwaukee M18 press tools were having problems in production work. Apparently they overheat after about a 1/2 hour of continuous use. Thermal overload reset kicks in. You have to let them cool off for a while.

I'm now on the fence between the RP 200 B and the Milwaukee M12. The M12 is just so dang small and light. I work in a lot of older homes where I need to be able to get into very tight spaces.

Comment

Update for anyone thinking of buying the Milwaukee M12 tool. I've been using it for over two months and no problems. The batteries last a long time and every press has been perfect. The tool is so light and easy to use.

Comment

Originally posted by ironranger View Post
              Update for anyone thinking of buying the Milwaukee M12 tool. I've been using it for over two months and no problems. The batteries last a long time and every press has been perfect. The tool is so light and easy to use.
              Any idea what how recalibration will go with that tool? Ridgid you have to send it to a service center (1 per region) but I can't get any answer from any Milwaukee rep about service, repair or recalibration. I do know that they are made in Germany. I sure hope you don't have to send it there for service!

Comment

I finally got an answer about service on the press tools. There is an authorized factory service center in Niles, IL (Chicago burb). Turnaround time on calibration is 3-5 days. They have all parts here. I believe each region will have its own service center. 30K presses between recalibration. Yes it is compatible with ridgid jaws (including c1 actuator for the small rings). Full 5 year warranty. Balance is a little awkward compared to a rothenberger stick or ridgid RP210, but it is a true 1-handed tool. Very nice design overall.

Comment

Working...
                X