X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milwaukee PRESS GUN

Has anyone seen these before? either in person at a demo or something? looks like a quality setup... i DO like the fact that the unit is all inline as opposed to the pistol style ridgid setup.... i know im on a ridgid forum but some unbiased thoughts would be appreciated...

also it comes in two battery configurations..... the 18volt and the 12volt..twelve volt is obvisously for smaller presses, and its compact size......and they also have the press ring kit similiar to the press rings from ridgid...

18 Volt Press Tool Kit | Milwaukee Tool FORCE LOGIC™ Press Tool System

12 Volt Press Tool Kit | Milwaukee Tool FORCE LOGIC™ Press Tool System

Milwaukee Tool | FORCE LOGIC™ Press Tool System | FORCE LOGIC™ Press Ring 2 1/2" - 4" Kit

Re: Milwaukee PRESS GUN

made in china and sells for $4900. at graingers for 1/2''-2''

i would wait till they get closed out and pick 1 up for 75% off.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

The Tools-Plus retailer link has the 18V one for $3099.00. Grainger has a tendency to be heavy on the $$$ in my experience.

Get a Rothenberger compact. Better yet, for the majority, don't get any of the press tools. You'll be fine without them.
      Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 09-04-2012, 06:43 AM.

Comment

its actually made in germany. and yeah ive been fine without one for years now but i have been using my coworkers lately and really like it, gonna get one soon, either a ridgid, milwaukee, rothenberger

abd i thought i CLEARLY SAID NO BIASED opinions rick lol.

Comment

according to the grainger website specs, it's made in china.

Country of Origin
          (Country of Origin is subject to change.) China

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

I've never held a press tool. Is there anything in them that can justify prices like this?

Comment

For 95% of the plumbers, I would have to say no.

Comment

And does it matter if it's made in China? India? Turkey?

Comment

price and quality is usually the factor.

if it was made in the usa, expect another 25-50% more. but the quality would be 100% better.

at $4900. graingers will be sitting on them till the batteries go bad.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Rothenberger was the first with the slim line. I've owned two of them and like them. High quality and they last. I currently own the ACECO unit but want to get the smaller compact slim line. You can get one new for around 1700.
                    I wouldn't buy the Milwaukee. I've had trouble with every Milwaukee tool I've ever owned and for that price forget it.

Comment

Attachment

My Fergusons has them on sale 1,800.00 for the 12volt and 3,100.00 for the 18volt

Free Milwaukee cutter included
                      Attached Files

Comment

With jaws? That's reasonable for the 12 volt then if you have a use for it.

Stick beats gun all day long.

Comment

yeah i got quoted $2500 for the 18 volt kit with a free cutter and a 12 volt battery(could use a xtra 12 volt battery for my multitool). and yes its with jaws bob and bob when you refer to Stick beats gun all day long are you refering to the inline design of the milwaukee compared to the ridgid "gun" version.

;

Comment

Originally posted by Matt T Service and Repair View Post
                            yeah i got quoted $2500 for the 18 volt kit with a free cutter and a 12 volt battery(could use a xtra 12 volt battery for my multitool). and yes its with jaws bob and bob when you refer to Stick beats gun all day long are you refering to the inline design of the milwaukee compared to the ridgid "gun" version.

;
                            Yes, in my opinion, stick beats gun. Handled or used the Ridgid, Stanley, REMS gun type. Stick beats gun. Double check your needs vs. production & service downtime for them though. And IronRanger's experience is of note cause you're not talking about a $200.00 cordless drill set.

Comment

Originally posted by BobsPlumbing View Post
                              Yes, in my opinion, stick beats gun. Handled or used the Ridgid, Stanley, REMS gun type. Stick beats gun. Double check your needs vs. production & service downtime for them though. And IronRanger's experience is of note cause you're not talking about a $200.00 cordless drill set.
                              Bob...why do you like the stick type better then the gun style? Are you still using your original nibco and how is it holding up?
                              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
                              X