X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trenchless water main install with pictures

Here is a link to a water main replacement we did today. Shows pics start to finish. Using Tric pipe burster with water line attachments being used.
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...5152440&type=1

Last edited by Cuda; 10-04-2012, 09:07 PM.
    Seattle Drain Service

Re: Trenchless water main install with pictures

nice job. does the slitter split it, or just lay open 1 side of the old pipe?

i noticed what looks like the hydraulic cylinders are not in the rear of the pulling direction in 1 of the photos. can you pull at a 12 o'clock and have the cylinders at 3 o'clock? i thought it was always 12 and 6.

compared to pipe bursting and expanding the pipe into the soil. what was the hydraulic psi comparisons on the slitting compared to 4'' clay.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      nice job. does the slitter split it, or just lay open 1 side of the old pipe?

i noticed what looks like the hydraulic cylinders are not in the rear of the pulling direction in 1 of the photos. can you pull at a 12 o'clock and have the cylinders at 3 o'clock? i thought it was always 12 and 6.

compared to pipe bursting and expanding the pipe into the soil. what was the hydraulic psi comparisons on the slitting compared to 4'' clay.

rick.
      The hydraulic section swivels 360 just matters what the best spot for the hydraulic gauge is to the user if that's what you mean.
      Psi on this one never got over 500lbs it was really really easy just sand maybe a few roots near the driveway. We have done a lot of tough bursts as of late and it was enjoyable for something really easy. That's the only reason I could take pics I wasn't stressed out lol.
      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

And the slitter just does one slice. Take a look at some of the other albums on facebook for tougher things lol
        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Very impressive.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Clean Job Cuda
            Is 3/4 the norm for water service there

Comment

older homes have 1/2" that we upgrade to 3/4" or 1" depending on the fixtures they have. 3/4" is the meter size on most residential.
              Seattle Drain Service

Comment

One thing that worries me with trechless pulls is I can't tell you how many times a Electrical main or Gas main was sitting right on top of a building sewer, how do you keep from hitting them as the busting head is larger than the pipe?
                Will Rogers Plumbing
                Moore, Oklahoma
                (
                405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
                http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

After the official locates are done we double check them then if something is near the area (crossing the path) you pothole that spot to verify the distance between utilities, if touching or real close you remove enough dirt to separate them then one guy monitors that spot during the pull.
                  Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Working...
                  X