Old Ridgid threading equipment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Ridgid threading equipment

Opened up a storage trailer from a general contractor who passed away a couple of years ago. My jaw dropped as it contains a complete set of huge pipe threading tools. I am trying to find out as much about this equipment as i can for his wife. She is selling not only the tools but the Hobbs 47' trailer. The small one does pipe 21/2 to 4 inch. the largest looks like 10 inch. Some are threaders some are cut offs.

Here is the first picture. Now i know how i will upload more later.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by john bostrom; 10-26-2012, 07:35 PM. Reason: adding a photo

Re: Old Ridgid threading equipment

posting pictues would probly be best,

the 2 1/2 to 4 threader is most likly a 141 threader, and there is a 161 that does larger pipe, 141 / 161 Receding Geared Threaders - RIDGID Professional Tools 141 / 161 Receding Geared Threaders - RIDGID Professional Tools
    If there really old it may have been a 4PJ the old model has seperat dies for each size, the 141 is adjustable,
    MODEL 4P-J | eBay

141 ridgid | eBay

161 ridgid | eBay
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

I found the 4-p on the 21/2 to 4 inch model. Is there a mfg date log on the units.

Oh and thank you for helping out.

Comment

I would think Ridgid would have some info, but I do not know how to locate it ,

by calender pictures I could find, apparently in 1952 they were painted black, in 1953 it looks like they were red, again in the 63-64 they show the P4 and by 67 they had the 141,
        may be some on else and inform you of year when the 141 came out, but hope this helps you some, it narrows it down some,
        Attached Files
        Last edited by BHD; 10-15-2012, 12:43 AM.
        Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
        attributed to Samuel Johnson
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Working...
        X