Milwaukee Press tool

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milwaukee Press tool

Received the new compact Milwauakee press tool yesterday. Tried adding pictures here but it kept saying the pictures were too big. Not sure how to downsize the pictures that I have in my document picture file. Any help would be appreciated.
    The tool is incredibly small and way lighter than any other press tools I've used. It feels solid, feels almost like my old compact Rothenberger. I really like it and I'll be using it tomorrow on a small job installing some press ball valves. Also got my coupon ready to send to get my free tubing cutter and extra battery. Not a bad deal.
    I'll let everyone know what I think of it after I try it.

Hey Geno,,,, I read in the instructions that you only press the button once and then let go for pressing? Not like the others I've had, you had to hold the trigger in all the way for the duration. It also said that if you want to stop the pressing you just press and let go of the trigger again. Looking forward to trying it tomorrow.

Re: Milwaukee Press tool

Originally posted by ironranger View Post
    Received the new compact Milwauakee press tool yesterday. Tried adding pictures here but it kept saying the pictures were too big. Not sure how to downsize the pictures that I have in my document picture file. Any help would be appreciated.
    The tool is incredibly small and way lighter than any other press tools I've used. It feels solid, feels almost like my old compact Rothenberger. I really like it and I'll be using it tomorrow on a small job installing some press ball valves. Also got my coupon ready to send to get my free tubing cutter and extra battery. Not a bad deal.
    I'll let everyone know what I think of it after I try it.

Hey Geno,,,, I read in the instructions that you only press the button once and then let go for pressing? Not like the others I've had, you had to hold the trigger in all the way for the duration. It also said that if you want to stop the pressing you just press and let go of the trigger again. Looking forward to trying it tomorrow.
    Heck the way things are now, it might be made by the same people that make Rothenberger. So easy for them to tweak the plastic nowadays.

"Not like the others I've had, you had to hold the trigger in all the way for the duration. It also said that if you want to stop the pressing you just press and let go of the trigger again."

If this is the way it operates then I don't like this at all. It's not intuitive to what people think to do. Seems someone is gonna' get mashed at some point.

Comment

the ridgid line of crimper's have the same feature. pull the trigger to get it started and the tool will complete the cycle. there is a pressure relief valve if your battery dies and you need to remove the jaw. i don't think there is a way to stop the cycle unless you push the relief valve in mid cycle.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

I like my Roth's better. Hold the trigger to complete the cycle. Let off it, it stops. Also has a pressure relief if you need to back them off.

Comment

I also have the larger Roth up to 2" which will now be my back up and for lager fittings, so I'm used to holding the trigger in. I don't think the trigger thing is a big deal, might even like it better. This one also has the pressure relief just like the Roth and like I said you can stop the press at any time just by pressing the trigger again. This thing is so small and compact compared to anything I've used, I'm seriously just friken giddy about it. It's going to make my life so much easier.

Comment

Probably be a very good purchase for you.

The best all around one is the Rothenberger Romax 3000. Only one I would consider if I had the work for it. But kinda' $$$$$$.

Comment

Well I tried it today and I'm in love. Works flawlessly and one thing I noticed right away was how much faster it is vs the Roth. Took a little getting used to the trigger. You have to hold it in for a second before it takes off on it's own. What I mean is, if you just press and let go it won't run. I believe this to be a safety feature. So you hold it in for a second and then let go and it finishes the crimp and shuts off. The crimp on the fitting was perfect with just the slightest lip left over. Yes I'm glad I have it. It's so small and light!!!!!!

Originally posted by BobsPlumbing View Post
              Probably be a very good purchase for you.

The best all around one is the Rothenberger Romax 3000. Only one I would consider if I had the work for it. But kinda' $$$$$$.

Comment

I am glad to hear that it works well. I have the old Roth and a Rems. The roth is my back up and for over 1". We had to press 2" yesterday and I forgot how slow the roth is compared to this newer stuff. Did you buy the Little one or the one that will do up to 4"?
                "don't put that in your mouth, you don't know where it's been"

Comment

I bought the smaller one since I already have the larger Roth that will do all my big pipe. I'm still amazed at how small and light it is, it's like holding a small pipe wrench in your hand. And it's very fast. Most likely the best purchase I've ever made. I do everything with propress and haven't soldered in years so when it comes to smaller service work (shower valves, water heaters, leaks, etc.) this is the tool to have.

Originally posted by Plumbingbyjay View Post
                  I am glad to hear that it works well. I have the old Roth and a Rems. The roth is my back up and for over 1". We had to press 2" yesterday and I forgot how slow the roth is compared to this newer stuff. Did you buy the Little one or the one that will do up to 4"?

Comment

I hear you. We use our rems everyday, but I am looking to add another press tool, but I will probably go with Ridgid because I want to Press Gas lines with the Megapress. Keep us updated on the Milwaukee. Looks like a great tool
                    "don't put that in your mouth, you don't know where it's been"

Comment

The rems can use Ridgid jaws.
                      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
                      X