Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rothenberger Romax 3000-The Best Presser?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rothenberger Romax 3000-The Best Presser?

Anyone own this? Experiences?

A stick model that does 1/2" to 4".

Ain't cheap new though.

?*?* Rothenberger USA - HAND TOOLS: ROMAX Pressliner copper crimping tool

Thanks.

Re: Rothenberger Romax 3000-The Best Presser?

At over 8 pounds without jaws or battery it's a heavy large tool compared to others. How often will you be using 1/12 or 2" jaws? Is it worth it?

Comment

To me, NONE of the press tools are worth it at new costs. I know your position and others, just my opinion.

Have a job with MegaPress potential. Then looked at the jaw kit alone, and that killed that.

That is a good point about weight though. 8lb tool for 1" and below seems a pain after getting used to the Compact or the Milwaukee that's recently came out.

Probably best to have tools for small and large. It does appear to be the most versatile press tool out though. Able to do 1/2" all the way to 4", lighter than comparables, in stick form, and LED's to light work might be handy as well.
      Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 10-22-2012, 11:19 AM.

Comment

This is the Roth I have.

http://eurotech-iasi.ro/uploads/prod..._ECO_20210.jpg

I have jaws from 1/2 to 2" and it will do up to 4". It was a real pain in the behind using this for the small stuff.

The small Milwaukee weighing in at 3 pounds and capable of doing up to 1 1/4" I just bought is the best plumbing tool investment I've ever made.

http://www.milwaukeetool.com/images/img-presstools.jpg
        Last edited by ironranger; 10-22-2012, 10:51 PM.

Comment

I have the old Rothenberger tool that does up to 4". I have had it in the shop twice. It is very slow compared to the new ones. The problem I have with the Roth, is there are not too many places to send it to be repaired. It took 3 weeks. I think it is like everything else. If you want one tool to do it all, then there are compromises to be made. If you are doing tight places on Large diameter pipe, then this tool might fit you well, but if you have room. I recommend the new Ridgid. It works a lot better than the previous models. I am amazed at where it will fit. My roth used to go places the Ridgid brand wouldn't, but they have changed that. I want one so bad, but I have to wait. We use the Roth for the big stuff and we bought a Rems for 1/2, 3/4 and 1 that we use every day, I bought it for $900.00 and its been the best thing ever.
          "don't put that in your mouth, you don't know where it's been"

Comment

Originally posted by BobsPlumbing View Post
            To me, NONE of the press tools are worth it at new costs. I know your position and others, just my opinion.

Have a job with MegaPress potential. Then looked at the jaw kit alone, and that killed that.

That is a good point about weight though. 8lb tool for 1" and below seems a pain after getting used to the Compact or the Milwaukee that's recently came out.

Probably best to have tools for small and large. It does appear to be the most versatile press tool out though. Able to do 1/2" all the way to 4", lighter than comparables, in stick form, and LED's to light work might be handy as well.
            Do you own a Pipe Threader? How much did you pay for it? I just sold my Ridgid 300 (300 pounder). I understand about the cost, but it is the Speed and accuracy that made the difference for me. We do a lot of yard leaks, and I am not a fan of Sharkbites. We use it on our water heater installs, Slab leaks (where approved), manifolds, Copper to Uponor. Last week I made a 2x2x1 Tee connection for the City in attic. Took less than 12 minutes total. Today we did a 1 1/4x 1 1/4x 1 Tee that took 13 minutes. They were happy that we did not have to shut down the fire system to solder.
            "don't put that in your mouth, you don't know where it's been"

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbingbyjay View Post
              Do you own a Pipe Threader? How much did you pay for it? I just sold my Ridgid 300 (300 pounder). I understand about the cost, but it is the Speed and accuracy that made the difference for me. We do a lot of yard leaks, and I am not a fan of Sharkbites. We use it on our water heater installs, Slab leaks (where approved), manifolds, Copper to Uponor. Last week I made a 2x2x1 Tee connection for the City in attic. Took less than 12 minutes total. Today we did a 1 1/4x 1 1/4x 1 Tee that took 13 minutes. They were happy that we did not have to shut down the fire system to solder.
              Yes. Ridgid 300 & others. Paid for it? Less than some pay for their hand threaders.

The MegaPress jaw kit is around $2500.00. Then getting hammered on the fittings. And I don't run into that many black iron, stainless, etc. situations. So it would not be a wise choice for me to purchase new. And it's too new to find used.

Press tools at new costs aren't justified for me either. Good deal on used, probably a good thing to have in your arsenal.

I too press things when necessary & justified.
              Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 10-23-2012, 12:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X